Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Clothes shopping in Bangkok

• kriskeogh

Joined Travelfish
    16th November, 2011

We are only taking 4 days worth of clothes with us but what we are wanting is clothing that is comfortable to wear out there so light weight material, light colours, loose fitting etc

Stuff we are taking is like cotton shorts, t shirts, flip flops, toms, canvas shoes

So where can we get comfy loose fitting clothing, ideally not being pestered by going to Khao San Road.

Could just do with a pair of light full length pants, shorts, some t shirts/shirts, similar sort of thing for the wife too.

#1 Posted: 24/2/2012 - 03:10

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

If you want to take some time and shop, Chatuchak market is good for cheap stuff. If you want decent clothes (and it doesn't sound like you do) then the Malls along Sukhimvite Road and elsewhere have plenty of quality clothing. Small clothing stores are everywhere so it won't be hard to find.

#2 Posted: 24/2/2012 - 04:36

• kriskeogh

Joined Travelfish
    16th November, 2011

Cheers pal, just feels like what we might have with us is just a little uncomfy to wear.

We are there Monday night/Tuesday night so is Chatuchak market a weekend only thing?

On Monday we just wanna chill out, do a trip to the train station to get our sleeper tickets for Chiang Mai/Surat Thani and just get out bearings.

Then Monday night find a nice little place to eat in Thonburi, Zoom4Zoom5 possibly.

Tuesday we have all day to ourselves, so possibly a trip to Lopburi/Attathaya or a floating market somewhere maybe?

#3 Posted: 24/2/2012 - 06:20

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009

Bangkok tends to be pretty hot. You go north and it cools off. I live here, and jeans and T-shirts are fine except when it's really cooking - which it will be in about a month.

#4 Posted: 24/2/2012 - 09:16

• kriskeogh

Joined Travelfish
    16th November, 2011

Yeah we want clothing as light as possible, even when I go through my wardrobe and dog out t shirts and shorts some are quite thick cotton.

We just want some lightweight t shirts/shirts/shorts/full length pants, cotton or linen, doesn't matter too much.

#5 Posted: 24/2/2012 - 14:20

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009

You won't have a problem finding that kind of stuff. A lot of anglos who come here tend to tend to feel hot, because they are coming from climates that are considrably cooler. I find the climate here agreeable, so the same summer clothes I wore in Europe I wear here most of the time. The exception is shorts - I NEVER wear shorts or open toed footwear, because then my legs and feet become targets for squadrons of mosquitos. So I always wear full length pants and shoes, regardless of the weather.

#6 Posted: 25/2/2012 - 01:48

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.