Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Tour Route Pattaya / Cambodia /Vietnam

• kurukafa

Joined Travelfish
    15th February, 2012

Hi I am traveling to Pattaya Thailand beginning of April for about two months and would like some suggestions for a two week tour of interesting places to visit in Cambodia and Vietnam I will have a reasonable budjet and don't walk far due to health (I am 67) so any route suggestions would be greatly appreciated also I am a biker here in uk so will be hiring a bike/scooter in Pattaya.Regards Ken

#1 Posted: 27/2/2012 - 02:34

• Advertisement

• stoneman

Joined Travelfish
    8th May, 2010
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 9

Suggest head south and cross the border at Hat Lek and make yout way to Sihanoukville in southern Cambodia. Then take a bus up to Phnom Penh. Then take a bus to Saigon, Vietnam. Fly back to Bangkok. Search websites for info on what interests you. You will need to have your VN visa prearranged.

#2 Posted: 28/2/2012 - 07:10

• mikethediver

Click here to learn more about mikethediver
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 3

Hi,
    I would suggest taking the ferry from Phnom Penh to Vietnam. It arrives in the border town of Chau Doc which is a bit of a one horse town, but you can easily travel onward to HCMC.
    Mike

#3 Posted: 3/3/2012 - 04:59

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

be aware of 2 things:
    days of entry allowed when you return into TH: 15 days by land, 30 days by air. This is if you do not have a prearranged visa.
    Songkran-the water splashing new Yr festival around 14/4-though different dates for PTY. Same-same in Khmerland. Plays havock on any travel. Prob best to only start travel when its all done.
    IF you follow stoneman-as such a good intro, then know that VN visa are eaisest and very quick done at Sihanouk in KH. For KH just pay at border-not the first price.
    talesofasia.com has all info re travel TH->KH.
    And there still are guidebooks-often more comforting for pensioners as they are used to books. www tends to be often very onesided and to omit basic info.

#4 Posted: 3/3/2012 - 20:18

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Route questions: Samui-Chumphon-Pattaya ... By rledez1990 on 1 May 2011 3 3198 2 May 2011