Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Tour Route Pattaya / Cambodia /Vietnam

Posted by kurukafa on 27/2/2012 at 02:34

Hi I am traveling to Pattaya Thailand beginning of April for about two months and would like some suggestions for a two week tour of interesting places to visit in Cambodia and Vietnam I will have a reasonable budjet and don't walk far due to health (I am 67) so any route suggestions would be greatly appreciated also I am a biker here in uk so will be hiring a bike/scooter in Pattaya.Regards Ken

#1 kurukafa has been a member since 15/2/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by stoneman on 28/2/2012 at 07:10

Suggest head south and cross the border at Hat Lek and make yout way to Sihanoukville in southern Cambodia. Then take a bus up to Phnom Penh. Then take a bus to Saigon, Vietnam. Fly back to Bangkok. Search websites for info on what interests you. You will need to have your VN visa prearranged.

#2 stoneman has been a member since 8/5/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 100

Posted by mikethediver on 3/3/2012 at 04:59

Hi,
I would suggest taking the ferry from Phnom Penh to Vietnam. It arrives in the border town of Chau Doc which is a bit of a one horse town, but you can easily travel onward to HCMC.
Mike

#3 mikethediver has been a member since 23/3/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 206
 Website 

Posted by captainbkk on 3/3/2012 at 20:18

be aware of 2 things:
days of entry allowed when you return into TH: 15 days by land, 30 days by air. This is if you do not have a prearranged visa.
Songkran-the water splashing new Yr festival around 14/4-though different dates for PTY. Same-same in Khmerland. Plays havock on any travel. Prob best to only start travel when its all done.
IF you follow stoneman-as such a good intro, then know that VN visa are eaisest and very quick done at Sihanouk in KH. For KH just pay at border-not the first price.
talesofasia.com has all info re travel TH->KH.
And there still are guidebooks-often more comforting for pensioners as they are used to books. www tends to be often very onesided and to omit basic info.

#4 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.