Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

thailand-indochina-tour1

Posted by lcoyne on 22/3/2007 at 23:41

Hey All

I am looking to do the thailand-indochina tour 1 over a 6-8 week period. Starting in Bangkok and finishing up Hanoi. As this is over land entering different countries at different points. Do i need to apply for the visa's for entering laos/cambodia and vietnam before hand? Or can i apply for all of these in bangkok? Travelling from Ireland...Did have a look at each site, but it's very confusing....any help would be fab...

#1 lcoyne has been a member since 29/1/2007. Posts: 3

Posted by somtam2000 on 23/3/2007 at 08:09 admin

The visa FAQ is a good place to start for this info, but in brief, for Cambodia and Laos you can get visa on arrival at most (though not all in the case of Laos) border crossings.

For Vietnam, people generally get their visa beforehand -- Phnom Penh, Vientiane and Bangkok are all good spots to get the visa.

Hope that helps!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,498
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by prairieox on 24/3/2007 at 09:43

Hi there, we got our Vietnam visa in Phnom Penh. It only takes a day, and most guesthouses or tour agencies will do it for you. It only cost $30 US.

We got our Cambodian visa in Vientiane by going to the embassy ourselves. It's not far from town center, we rented bicycles and just rode there. Again, same day drop off/pick up, and it was $20.

Laos visa on arrival, no problem, although they did charge us more because we had Canadian passports. Hmmm.

#3 prairieox has been a member since 30/12/2006. Posts: 13
 Website 

Posted by lcoyne on 26/3/2007 at 14:58

Hi Guys

Thanks a million for all your help, the countdown is finally on!!!!!

#4 lcoyne has been a member since 29/1/2007. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.