Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Picture recovery from corrupted SD card

• omarbcn

Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2007

Picture recovery from corrupted SD card

I was wondering if anyone knew of someone (person or store) in Bangkok who could help me recover more than a thousand pictures that I had stored in my 2 GB digital camera SD card (Kingston) and that for whatever reason has been corrupted while attempting to read them with Windows Explorer.

I am afraid of handing my camera card to any internet cafe manager and then have the pix definitely lost forever. That is why I was wondering if anyone has suffered a similar problem here in Thailand and has successfully recovered them. Any suggestion on how to do it or, much better, referral to a pro in BKK would be much appreciated, as this incident may ruin my trip.

Many thank for your advice,

Omar

#1 Posted: 23/3/2007 - 23:23

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Omar,

We're in the process of paying S$2,000 to have around 10,000 images retrieved from a hard drive that died -- believe me I feel your pain!

I'm not sure if the people we dealt with work on flash cards, but it couldn't hurt to drop them a line and see. They're based in Singapore and their website is: http://www.greenergy.com.sg

Good luck!

#2 Posted: 24/3/2007 - 06:37

• skinnylatte

Joined Travelfish
    19th July, 2005

Please stop using that card: do not reformat, EVER.

Just buy a new SD card. When you're back home, or somewhere with reasonable amounts of time to spend on a computer, get card reader, load it with that SD card -- and there are free utilities for Windows (and Mac) that will help you recover the contents of that card. the most important thing is that you don't reformat it.

I was in Rajasthan when my 8GB card went corrupt. We spent 12 hours on a dirt slow computer and terrible connection... retrieving the data ourselves.

#3 Posted: 24/3/2007 - 16:14

• jamespdavid-

Joined Travelfish
    11th August, 2012

Most of the Digital camera uses SD card for storing picture and images.But being a electronic device it is prone to corruption. If you areaccess to access your valuable photos and images from SD card becauseof corruption then here is the solution for you. First of all, if youhave backup file of that memory card then restore your photos usingthe backup file.

In-case,if backup file is not available then you need to format the corruptedSD card. In most of the cases, formatting makes SD card reusableagain. Now in-order to recover deleted data use some best andeffective photo recovery and undelete photo software.
    To know more how to recover deleted photos from SD card :-http://undeletephotoorg.org

#4 Posted: 11/8/2012 - 00:24

• bass_ke

Joined Travelfish
    23rd August, 2009

Hey mate,

Are you carrying a Laptop with you?

I use Recover my files, Thankfully I've only had to use it once on a card that decided to die halfway through a trip.

When we have our Laptop with us as I import every night into Lightroom and have Lightroom backup the import to a USB Hard Drive at the same time.

Cheer's
    Nate

#5 Posted: 11/8/2012 - 05:43

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Make a note of the thread's original date - it's more than five years old! It's usually better to make a new thread.

#6 Posted: 11/8/2012 - 10:20

• bass_ke

Joined Travelfish
    23rd August, 2009

Hahaha, oh dear.

I wasn't even up that late either!

Time to start taking more notice of thread dates........

#7 Posted: 12/8/2012 - 03:32

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.