Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Accomodation Phi Phi

• JamieBell

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2012
    Location United Kingdom

Hi.

Any recommendations for accomodation on Ko Phi Phi? We are looking for something on the beachfront, very basic. We are not interested in mod cons like tv's etc, just a nice shack on the beach front. I have already tried Phi Phi relax beach resort but all their beachfront accom is fully booked for when we want to go. Any suggestions guys?

Thanks

#1 Posted: 18/3/2012 - 16:57

• Advertisement

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

My advice is just show up and look, that's how you'll find the best rates, if you don't mind walking a bit. and show up early just before check out time. I never book in advance online...

#2 Posted: 18/3/2012 - 20:21

• JamieBell

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2012
    Location United Kingdom

@altmtl

Thanks for your reply. I forgot to mention I will be in Phi Phi from either the 10th or 11th April through Songkran. So thats why I was asking for any recommendations so I could book in advance. Was really hoping for some beach front accomodation. Any help? Or do you think I will still find a place by just turning up? Quite fancy long beach as we can have peace there but also get a longtail into town for partying (best of both).

Cheers

#3 Posted: 19/3/2012 - 03:15

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Beachfront accommodation in Thailand is very limited (all beaches are public land and cannot be legally built on) and Songkran is an extremely busy time. Phi Phi is always very busy full of tourists. You should take anything you can get.

#4 Posted: 19/3/2012 - 03:20

• Muggles01

Joined Travelfish
    15th July, 2011

Perhaps try Toh Ko bungalows? They might also be booked up, but are right on the beach which is what you're looking for. But they're nowhere near Tonsai - you'd need to get a longtail every time you wanted to go somewhere else.

#5 Posted: 19/3/2012 - 03:51

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Yep, Ao Toh Ko is a possibilty. Also google for Pooh Bunalows. Back near town have a google for Phi Phi Sand Sea View Resort on the unexpectedly nice far western end of Ton Sai beach. Although their front rowers were a bit above budget when I stayed.
    Long Beach Bunalows is budget but you are more likely to end up with a back-rower on this popular beach.
    Nearby Viking is a possibility.

Note you may be shocked by the price of budget bungalows on Phi Phi. I've just travelled the Eastern Gulf and noted how a 300 or 400 baht place would be pushing 1000 on Phi Phi and some other Andaman locations in high (not peak) season.

#6 Posted: 21/3/2012 - 03:09

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.