Thailand forum

review unpublished

• sizzler

Joined Travelfish
    15th March, 2012
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 6

hello
    i just wanted top voice my dissapointment after reviewing a guest house i stayed in at nan north thailand,thats nearly a week and my review has still not appeared and looks unlikely that it will,i think that there are some ulterior motives at work with people involved in pre moderating this site - trying to steer travellers to a particular place rather than allowing a level playing field for all resorts and guest houses.i hope i'm proved wrong about this.

#1 Posted: 20/3/2012 - 18:25

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

I think you'll find that Somtam (the owner of this site) has just had his hands full with other stuff. He's pretty much a one-man band so things don't always happen overnight. I'm certain there is no evil intent on his part to steer traffic towards certain places. That's definitely not the style of this forum.

Have you tried sending a friendly email / PM to ask?

#2 Posted: 20/3/2012 - 19:04

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi sizzler,

The reason your review has not been edited nor approved is because it is the only one you entered. We have a comment threshold (you have to submit a certain number of reviews before any get approved) to keep the shills, spammers and saboteurs at bay.

As for your other musings, you are completely and utterly wrong.

Hope that clears things up for you.

#3 Posted: 20/3/2012 - 19:52

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Hey Somtam - does the site state that requirement where you post reviews? (I'm too lazy to look). If not, maybe it's worthwhile adding it somewhere so new posters are aware. I think this is the second question about this recently.. I had forgotten about the comment threshold.

#4 Posted: 20/3/2012 - 20:07

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

No we don't note that. While there are occasional exceptions, most legitimate reviewers leave enough to pass the threshold without us having to say anything.

The property sizzler commented on received a number of reviews within days of one another after a two year hiatus of no reviews. The other reviewer also reviewed no other properties.

I'm not suggesting the reviews are fake, but it's an unusual pattern and, once further reviews are submitted, they'll go into the editing queue. Until then, they're ignored.

Cheers :)

#5 Posted: 20/3/2012 - 20:21

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

Wow, sizzler is way off base. If the site were trying to steer people to stay at certain places they would list only the places they wanted people to stay. It's not like Travelfish has to list every place to stay in a given location.

Sounds like the touts of SE Asia have gone to the sizzler's head a bit.

#6 Posted: 20/3/2012 - 21:34

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

sizzler covers his or her arse: "i hope i'm proved wrong about this."

#7 Posted: 21/3/2012 - 01:28

• sizzler

Joined Travelfish
    15th March, 2012
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 6

thanks for the advice everyone ,apologies to somtam if my post seemed a bit haughty,i look forward to seeing my reviews published when I hit the threshold ...thats 3 reviews so far

#8 Posted: 26/3/2012 - 15:35

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.