Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Ko Yao Noi / Yai

• woodyuk

Joined Travelfish
    14th January, 2007

HI

We are looking at heading down to Ko Yao Noi / Yai at the end of April for ten days.

What should the weather be like at this time of year and can anybody recommend good Beach hut resorts with nice quiet beaches.
    If anybody has pictures or other recommendations for the these islands info would be appriciated.

Thanks..

#1 Posted: 24/3/2007 - 15:25

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

For weather info, take a look at the Thailand weather map

We've got pretty detailed information on Ko Yao Noi and Ko Yao Yai on the site.

#2 Posted: 25/3/2007 - 05:44

• woodyuk

Joined Travelfish
    14th January, 2007

Hi

We have decided to Fly into Krabi from Bang kok then head over to Ko Yao Noi. Does anybody know how long it takes via boat from Krabi

Cheers

Steve

#3 Posted: 29/3/2007 - 05:04

• somtam2000

admin
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Steve,

I've not caught the boat from Tha Len (the pier in Krabi province) before as boats are more frequent from Phuket. That said I'd guess the boat would take about an hour. Perhaps drop the place you're thinking of staying and ask them.

Note the Tha Len pier is not in Krabi town but is rather on the west coast of the province in Ao Leuk district.

#4 Posted: 29/3/2007 - 09:09

• kobnoi

Joined Travelfish
    3rd April, 2007

hi steve,

i'm planning to go to ko yao nai during the end of april either. decided to fly from bangkok to phuket, then catch the boat from bang rong pier to the island. the boat schedule is more frequent.

anyway, just wondering if there is any regular bus runs between phuket airport and bang rong pier. if not avail, the only option is to catch tuk tuk? how long does it take to get to the pier? - since the plane lands at 8:50am and the boat leaves at 9:30 - pretty tight - i'm afaid that i will miss the boat and have to wait for the next one which is around 11.

are there any places to stop by on the way to the pier?

#5 Posted: 3/4/2007 - 21:07

• somtam2000

admin
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Places visited:
    At least 113

hi kobnoi,

My guess is you'll be on the 11 o'clock!

Given you'll be arriving at the airport, it's not all that far from there to Bang Rong pier, maybe 10-15 minutes.

Not much directly in between, I guess you could swing by the Gibbon Rehab Project which is well worth a look, but you you may be a bit rushed to fit that in before dashing off to the pier -- perhaps get a taxi from the airport and get them to wait.

#6 Posted: 3/4/2007 - 21:31

• kobnoi

Joined Travelfish
    3rd April, 2007

thanks for your info, somtom2000.

another thing is about a place to stay on the island. the sabai corner (the one that is run by the italian) seems to have been praised by this site a lot. is it well worth to stay here? there is a swimmable beach on the premise?

anyway, heard that the home stay program on the island is really popular. the local community is very strong and active. can anyone familiar with this program give more details? worth staying?

#7 Posted: 4/4/2007 - 08:46

• somtam2000

admin
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi kobnoi,

Personally I'm quite a fan of Sabai Corner (though I didn't write the review, another researcher did). It has a relaxed vibe and is well hidden away at the end of a beach -- in my opinion, it's an all-round excellent, "old school" place to stay.

However, the beach can only be swum at high tide. At low tide it is rocky and not swimmable, so if you're wanting to be able to swim all through the day, it may not be for you.

I've not heard about any homestay programme on the island -- please report back if you try it out.

#8 Posted: 4/4/2007 - 17:09

• kobnoi

Joined Travelfish
    3rd April, 2007

here's the site of the homestay program:

www.kohyaohomestay.com/eng.htm

thanks anyway for your opinion on sabai corner.

#9 Posted: 4/4/2007 - 22:03

• transki

Joined Travelfish
    5th February, 2007
    Total reviews: 13

"We have decided to Fly into Krabi from Bang kok then head over to Ko Yao Noi. Does anybody know how long it takes via boat from Krabi"

We did the same route unfortunately. Beware, it cost 600 Baht for a taxi to go to Tha Len from Ko Yang!!! And there is only one ferry at 11 am. It takes 45-60 minutes. We travelled to Phuket from Ko Yao Noi and that trip also took about an hour.

We recommend the Tabeak Guesthouse on Ko Yao Noi. See the guesthouse review that we wrote. It was by far the highlight of our time in Thailand!!

#10 Posted: 8/4/2007 - 07:58

• Advertisement

• wayne

Joined Travelfish
    1st February, 2004

you can also check out Lom Lae bungalows in Koh Yao Noi

http://lomlae.com/

#11 Posted: 11/4/2007 - 15:49

• woodyuk

Joined Travelfish
    14th January, 2007

Thanks for all your replies
    I am now considering between Lom Lae bungalows and the Tabeak Guesthouse .
    Has anybody been to Lom Lae recently because on their Web Site it states rooms go from 1400 - 5000 Baht!!
    Really looking for accomadation for around 500 - 700 Baht.
    Also does anybody know how far a walk it is from Tabeak Guesthouse to the beach and is it swimable all day?
    Thanks Again

Steve

#12 Posted: 13/4/2007 - 00:24

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.