Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Help emergency

• bekkismi

Joined Travelfish
    20th July, 2011

Hello I'm in Thailand and my bank card has gone missing so I'm tring to go home early but aparantly it's going to cost me over 300 quid to change my flight through budget air! Can anyone give me any advise? It would be very much aprieciated x

#1 Posted: 21/3/2012 - 08:45

• Advertisement

• tyler

Joined Travelfish
    7th December, 2010
    Location Canada
    Places visited:
    At least 71

Where are you? Have you tried to contact your country's embassy/consulate... They will surely help to contact your family at home who can wire you some money or pay for the change from wherever they are.

#2 Posted: 21/3/2012 - 08:55

• bekkismi

Joined Travelfish
    20th July, 2011

Thanx I have contacted my family and they will pay but still want to go home sooner i didn't think it would be so expensive to change flight! X

#3 Posted: 21/3/2012 - 09:13

• tyler

Joined Travelfish
    7th December, 2010
    Location Canada
    Places visited:
    At least 71

Yeah, it can be expensive depending on the airline. Singapore Airlines is the only airline that will let me change a flight back to North America for free. EVA wants close to $400us to stay a week longer but won't fly me to my original destination! Budget crushers!
    Good luck getting home.

#4 Posted: 21/3/2012 - 09:18

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

nonsense again of tyler- this all depends on what type of ticket you booked. ANY airlien has fares that allow changes without penalty or with lower - again: LOOk and read before you buy. and do not panick so easily.

#5 Posted: 23/3/2012 - 09:13

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.