Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Cheap guesthouse/hotel handy for Impact Exhibition Centre?

• AbigailatPe-
    nhandInk

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

I have a conference in Bangkok in early May, being held at the Impact Exhibition Centre. I know it's a bit out of the way of central Bangkok, and I can get a shuttle bus from Mo Chit sky train station.

I'd appreciate any recommendations for cheap but nice places to stay that are handy for the conference (either close to Impact or Mo Chit station) but from where I can also have a night out in Bangkok.

Budget is about $30 (1000 baht) a night.

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 1/4/2012 - 08:16

• Advertisement

• Naz73

Joined Travelfish
    6th April, 2012

I dont know that area very well however have gone to Bangkok 5 times and find the railway (mrt) easy and very frequent.

Maybe if you don't get a reply you could look at staying somewhere on the skytrain or underground line that will take you to that stop in 10 - 20 mins.

#2 Posted: 8/4/2012 - 06:40

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

whenever there is a BIg exhibition/show/concert at Impek (thats how it is said) in Muang Thong (believ eit or not-this skyscraper hi-rise area means ''golden city'') all roads get clogged up-and that ''shuttle''bus (good luck ni find it) can take hours.The best place to stay with a very few cheaper/ish places is Pak Kret-if you have a map handy-the west end of the Cheang Wattana main road-which runs east-west al in the north of BKk for some 25+ kms. But for just a conference the visitor-nr is likel ymuch lower.
    There are 2-3 midmarket/upmarket Htls along Chaeng wattana (which got a big uplift last year as the big govmt. administration centre is now there) , forgot the name. A kind of boutique-ish HTl from the BUDDY group (also runs Buddy Lodge on Khaosarn) is in Pak Kret and 2-3 very small homestays. try google for that.
    If you choose intown after all-do not bother wit Mochit-tak the normal citybus 166 from the VICTORY MOnmt-which runs right on the exprway and to PakKred-then Muang Thong, ends at Impek..

#3 Posted: 10/4/2012 - 05:34

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
free wifi bangkok guesthouse cheap nice good rent private room hotel Khao san road hostel backpacker ... By bluefinGh on 21 Jun 2014 0 273 21 Jun 2014