Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

ฺ bad hotel kohphangan is nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!

• bagpacker18

Joined Travelfish
    5th April, 2012

I book rooms at Haad Gruad Beach resort at Koh Phangan for 5 days.That is my bad experince in my life. My room was very bad ... tiny even the" superior" with ac. the windows were really easy to open and did not lock securely,interesting bathrooms where you have to stand with one foot in the toilet while you are taking a shower. Didn't have WIFI, and they charged you an arm and a leg to use the internet services.Hotel manager is very rude person and not friendly at all just sits at the computer all day and staff didn't speak thai and no english.extreemly slow service and food poor. The beach is all broken coral and unswimmable unless the tide is high.This hotel is not safe for any traveller.

#1 Posted: 5/4/2012 - 05:28

• Advertisement

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

This is why I do not book my rooms online or in advance... I may call the day before, but I always look at my room first before paying. How much was the room per night if you don't mind me asking?

Maybe you should of checked out trip advisor first?
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g303907-d1143651-Reviews-Haad_Gruad_Beach_Resort_Spa-Koh_Phangan_Surat_Thani_Province.html

#2 Posted: 5/4/2012 - 05:57

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Thanks for the warning bp18 - but yes, please take the extra time to belt in a user review on the Had Guad page - that stays there for good whereas this post will soon be lost downpage.

#3 Posted: 5/4/2012 - 07:29

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.