Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thailand Travel Itinerary June

• gaggles100

Joined Travelfish
    6th April, 2012

Hello All,

I have recently booked flights to Thailand arriving in evening on the 4th June to the 22nd June.
    I have put together a little itinerary and was wondering what your opinions are of it and any further recommendations you may have (any advice welcomed).

This is what I have come up with so far:
    Day 1,2,3-Bangkok
    Day 4- Early morning train to Ayutthaya followed by overnight train to Chiang Mai .
    Day 5,6,7 in Chiang Mai (doing trekking etc)
    Day 8- Flight to Phuket
    Day 9- Phuket
    Day 10 travel to Koh Phi Phi with over night stay
    Day 11 travel to Krabi with overnight stay
    Day 12- Krabi
    Day 13- Flight to Koh Samui from Krabi
    Day 14- Koh Samui
    Day 15 Ko Phangan
    Day 16 Ko Tao- Diving
    Day 17 Ko Tao- Diving
    Day 18 Travel Back to Bangkok (either by train or flight from Koh Samui)
    Day 19- Bangkok and leave

Do you think there will be too much travelling involved in the above, and is there any place I have missed / or activities that are worth taking part in?
    I understand that Phuket, Ko Phi Phi and Krabi will have heavy rain, but they do sound like great places to visit. Is the weather really that bad or is it more like heavy downpour followed by sunshine???

Also is it worth booking the internal flights / hotels before leaving UK or shall I wait till we are in Thailand?

Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary

#1 Posted: 6/4/2012 - 13:18

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Hi Gary,

I do think there is too much travelling involved in the above, and I'll bet the next several posters will also say as much. It is possible to visit as many places as you have planned, but you'll wind up spending most of your time moving around as a result, and why would you want to do that?

I like the day trip to Ayutthaya and the overnight sleeper train to Chiang Mai portion, since that is a clever use of your time. But you might want to rethink the southern Thailand portion of your itinerary to include either just the Andaman Sea side or just the Gulf of Thailand side. Otherwise, you won't have much actual time in any of the places you plan to visit.

Also, I'd be worried about a flight back to Bangkok so soon after diving, so you'll want to make sure you coordinate your last dive to accommodate the flight or perhaps just plan to return to BKK by train. Best wishes.

#2 Posted: 6/4/2012 - 22:27

• longbeach

Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2012

"I understand that Phuket, Ko Phi Phi and Krabi will have heavy rain"

Are you a weather forecaster? You might have 5 days of sunshine. June isn't the worst month for rain.

Agree with Exacto, pick one side of the coast and stick with it.

#3 Posted: 10/4/2012 - 19:43

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

My June stays on the Andaman side have always seen enough sun for a good beach holiday. I've never lost of full day to rain in many trips. Note statistically June tends to be drier than say Sept/Oct, but I can say the same as above for them too.

Your itinerary certainly has you jumping around - I tend to do this too but I would be trying to spend at least a full day which doesn't include any ferry transfers on Phi Phi and Phangan. However this means you will have to cut one location - I'd personally miss Samui unless I really really wanted to see it.

#4 Posted: 10/4/2012 - 23:31

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
28 Day Travel Itinerary for Vietnam May/June 2012 ... By Huckie72 on 8 Mar 2012 8 3876 11 May 2012
Thailand Itinerary Help - 12 Days June ... By Poyntzpass on 25 Feb 2013 7 3372 27 Feb 2013