Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

More travel with kids in SEA??

Posted by LivinginAD on 8/4/2012 at 07:30

Hello everybody

Have looked around on this site - forum and places/planning - great stuff!! Now I wish we had 5 months instead of just 5 weeks:-)

But still have some ??

Background: We are a family with 3 kids - 12, 10 and (almost) 2 at travel time. Traveling in/out of Bangkok. Traveltime: 20. july-21. August. Focus is on vaccation/relax at beaches - rather than trying to see too much.

Planning some days in BK and take the train down to the beaches on Ko Samui/Ko Tao. We're divers, so want to do some diving there.

The questions:
To take the (umbrella)stroller or not? Very good in airport and malls, but useless/in the way, when we want to go anywhere else?

We're thinking of going to Siem Reap/Angkor Wat with bus/taxi soultion - is this doable with the kids? It's the rain season I know, so might be to difficult getting around there with kids?

Another possibility is going to Bali, as I think the weather will be better there - and as I understand we have to leaveThailand, since we have 33 days vaccation? Other (better) places? (thinking more diving here:-D)

Bang Saphan Yai - will it be good with kids - and how's the weather in July/August - like Ko Samui? Would it be possible to rent a car and go there, or better to take the train?

Best place for an Elephant ride? (for the kids)

Trekking: Is it possible with a toddler? - Where?(we have a "baby Björn"-like thing, and she's still under 10 kg, but still it can be heavy, if it's for too long)

I've read a little about other "Wat"'s in Thailand - how to get there - and weather situation in July/Aug?

Thanks

#1 LivinginAD has been a member since 7/4/2012. Posts: 5

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.