Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

More travel with kids in SEA??

• LivinginAD

Joined Travelfish
    7th April, 2012

Hello everybody

Have looked around on this site - forum and places/planning - great stuff!! Now I wish we had 5 months instead of just 5 weeks:-)

But still have some ??

Background: We are a family with 3 kids - 12, 10 and (almost) 2 at travel time. Traveling in/out of Bangkok. Traveltime: 20. july-21. August. Focus is on vaccation/relax at beaches - rather than trying to see too much.

Planning some days in BK and take the train down to the beaches on Ko Samui/Ko Tao. We're divers, so want to do some diving there.

The questions:
    To take the (umbrella)stroller or not? Very good in airport and malls, but useless/in the way, when we want to go anywhere else?

We're thinking of going to Siem Reap/Angkor Wat with bus/taxi soultion - is this doable with the kids? It's the rain season I know, so might be to difficult getting around there with kids?

Another possibility is going to Bali, as I think the weather will be better there - and as I understand we have to leaveThailand, since we have 33 days vaccation? Other (better) places? (thinking more diving here:-D)

Bang Saphan Yai - will it be good with kids - and how's the weather in July/August - like Ko Samui? Would it be possible to rent a car and go there, or better to take the train?

Best place for an Elephant ride? (for the kids)

Trekking: Is it possible with a toddler? - Where?(we have a "baby Björn"-like thing, and she's still under 10 kg, but still it can be heavy, if it's for too long)

I've read a little about other "Wat"'s in Thailand - how to get there - and weather situation in July/Aug?

Thanks

#1 Posted: 8/4/2012 - 07:30

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.