Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Travelling from Koh Samui to Koh Lanta

Posted by robinmak on 3/4/2007 at 17:47

I am planning to travel from Koh Samui to Koh Lanta. Anyone who has been on this route please advise how it the best way to get to Koh Lanta from Koh Samui.

Thanks alot.

#1 robinmak has been a member since 8/11/2006. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 3/4/2007 at 18:19 admin

Hi robinmak,

The easiest way to do it is to go into a travel agent on Lanta and buy a bus/ferry combo which will take you straight to Ko Lanta.

If you don't want to do it that way, then you'll need to get back to Krabi, then bus to Surat Thani then bus/ferry combo from Surat Thani to Samui.

Either way the trip can be done in a day.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by robinmak on 7/4/2007 at 22:42

Hi,

Does anyone know how long it takes to travel from Koh Samui to Koh Lanta? If there is a breakdown of how long it takes for the ferry and bus travelling time will be great.

Appreciate the info as it helps me to plan my journey to Koh Lanta as I am not planning to stay in Krabi for one night before going to Koh Lanta.

#3 robinmak has been a member since 8/11/2006. Posts: 2

Posted by wayne on 11/4/2007 at 15:57

By the time you leave and find a place to stay in Krabi, it will take most of the day and will get into Krabi by mid afternoon.

The ferry to Koh lanta is about 1.5 hours

#4 wayne has been a member since 1/2/2004. Posts: 23

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.