Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Travelling from Koh Samui to Koh Lanta

• robinmak

Joined Travelfish
    8th November, 2006

I am planning to travel from Koh Samui to Koh Lanta. Anyone who has been on this route please advise how it the best way to get to Koh Lanta from Koh Samui.

Thanks alot.

#1 Posted: 3/4/2007 - 17:47

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi robinmak,

The easiest way to do it is to go into a travel agent on Lanta and buy a bus/ferry combo which will take you straight to Ko Lanta.

If you don't want to do it that way, then you'll need to get back to Krabi, then bus to Surat Thani then bus/ferry combo from Surat Thani to Samui.

Either way the trip can be done in a day.

#2 Posted: 3/4/2007 - 18:19

• robinmak

Joined Travelfish
    8th November, 2006

Hi,

Does anyone know how long it takes to travel from Koh Samui to Koh Lanta? If there is a breakdown of how long it takes for the ferry and bus travelling time will be great.

Appreciate the info as it helps me to plan my journey to Koh Lanta as I am not planning to stay in Krabi for one night before going to Koh Lanta.

#3 Posted: 7/4/2007 - 22:42

• wayne

Joined Travelfish
    1st February, 2004

By the time you leave and find a place to stay in Krabi, it will take most of the day and will get into Krabi by mid afternoon.

The ferry to Koh lanta is about 1.5 hours

#4 Posted: 11/4/2007 - 15:57

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.