Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Koh Phangan

• citi009

Joined Travelfish
    20th April, 2012

Is it worth going for koh phangan full moon party during month of either june or july.....Any one going that month please let me know....searching for company...

#1 Posted: 20/4/2012 - 23:09

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Well unlike the Andaman or eastern Gulf that area tends to have pretty dry weather that time of year. And Phangan is a real nice island. Plus most people should experience the FMP at least once. So sure it is worth it.

There are some real nice traveller-oriented beaches just north of Had Rin - Had Yuan, Had Thian and Had Wai Nam. Even if on your own it will be easy to mix with others - hint, find the sitting platform on the rocks to left of Bamboo Bungalow's restaurant on the southern headland of Had Yuan; this place becomes a sort of gathering place for travellers from the 3 beaches (easy to walk between) after sunset. Quite a few of these people were going to head for the party when I was there a few weeks back - maybe a different crew when you are there but I suspect the same routine.

No matter what beach you are on in Phangan there will be people heading for the party and transport laid on that particular night.

#2 Posted: 14/5/2012 - 03:46

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.