Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

trip plan help

• jackieg

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2012

will be travelling to thailand for 3 weeks and would like help wth plans please
    arrrivng in BKK i would like to do the following
    kranchaburi
    chang mai
    siam reap
    beach
    bangkok
    ca someone help with route please

#1 Posted: 25/4/2012 - 06:54

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

When are you going? This would affect which beach/island I'd recommend. Nov-May west coast is more sunny, May-Oct east coast is the better choice.
    Anyway, spend at least a couple days in Kanchanburi, the people doing it as a daytrip from Bangkok always look rushed and miserable. Do a river cruise, visit the memorials and the Erawan falls, skip the tiger temple. Get a bus from Kanchanburi to Ayutthaya then overnight sleeper train to Chiang Mai. Spend a few days in CM (temples, markets, great food). Getting to Siem Reap from there will either take 2 days (by train/bus) or cost a lot (flight) so make the tough decision. The Angkor ruins deserve at least two days and maybe do a day touring the floating villages on Tonle Sap. For your beach consider stopping off at Ko Chang for a few days on your way back to Bangkok. To speed things up check out AirAsia.com and BangkokAirways.com

#2 Posted: 25/4/2012 - 11:54

• jackieg

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2012

Hey Bob
    Thanks for this. Our outline kind of plan was 2 days Kanchanburi then Ayuttaya and onto CM for a couple of days. Overnight sleeper back to Bangkok- stay in Bangkok for the night and accross to SR for a few days. I checked out a few beach locations and like the sound of Khoa Lak- can we get from Bangkok to here easily? I would then like to spend a day or 2 in Bangkok at the end for some shopping. we will be travelling in Nov. Ideally I would like to travel overland rather than flying. Is Ko Chang on the way back from SR to Bangkok. I have had a look at maps etc but all the names are pickling my head so any help would be appreciated very much

#3 Posted: 25/4/2012 - 13:05

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.