Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

trip plan help

Posted by jackieg on 25/4/2012 at 06:54

will be travelling to thailand for 3 weeks and would like help wth plans please
arrrivng in BKK i would like to do the following
kranchaburi
chang mai
siam reap
beach
bangkok
ca someone help with route please

#1 jackieg has been a member since 17/4/2012. Posts: 5

Posted by Captain_Bob on 25/4/2012 at 11:54

When are you going? This would affect which beach/island I'd recommend. Nov-May west coast is more sunny, May-Oct east coast is the better choice.
Anyway, spend at least a couple days in Kanchanburi, the people doing it as a daytrip from Bangkok always look rushed and miserable. Do a river cruise, visit the memorials and the Erawan falls, skip the tiger temple. Get a bus from Kanchanburi to Ayutthaya then overnight sleeper train to Chiang Mai. Spend a few days in CM (temples, markets, great food). Getting to Siem Reap from there will either take 2 days (by train/bus) or cost a lot (flight) so make the tough decision. The Angkor ruins deserve at least two days and maybe do a day touring the floating villages on Tonle Sap. For your beach consider stopping off at Ko Chang for a few days on your way back to Bangkok. To speed things up check out AirAsia.com and BangkokAirways.com

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,872

Posted by jackieg on 25/4/2012 at 13:05

Hey Bob
Thanks for this. Our outline kind of plan was 2 days Kanchanburi then Ayuttaya and onto CM for a couple of days. Overnight sleeper back to Bangkok- stay in Bangkok for the night and accross to SR for a few days. I checked out a few beach locations and like the sound of Khoa Lak- can we get from Bangkok to here easily? I would then like to spend a day or 2 in Bangkok at the end for some shopping. we will be travelling in Nov. Ideally I would like to travel overland rather than flying. Is Ko Chang on the way back from SR to Bangkok. I have had a look at maps etc but all the names are pickling my head so any help would be appreciated very much

#3 jackieg has been a member since 17/4/2012. Posts: 5

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.