Crossing the friendship bridge into Laos
18th April, 2012
A friend and I will be flying air Asia from Phuket to Udon Thani and then crossing into Laos
I have a few things I need help with
1. We don't get into udon Thani until the evening so we need to book accomadation for the night. Can anyone suggest a good cheap airconditioned place close to some nightlife?
2. What is the best way to get from udon Thani to the friendship bridge?
3. What documents do I need in order to get Laos visa?
4. What time is friendship bridge open?
Any help will be very appreciated
#1 Posted: 26/4/2012 - 01:25
18th April, 2012
Or if there is a bus running in the evening to nong khai that would probably be better
#2 Posted: 26/4/2012 - 02:03
6th June, 2009
Total reviews: 10
1. The Irish Clock or Top mansion just down the street from it. Irish clock is a pub too. Top mansion is cheap, clean, has AC but the rooms are very sterile. No character.
2. Bus. Should run frquently, and if you aren't loaded down with luggage, the bus station is about a five to ten minute walk from Top mansion.
3. Your passport.
4. Not sure, but I think 8-5. But that's a guess based on Friendship bridge 2. Rufus would know better.
#3 Posted: 26/4/2012 - 02:40
The bridge is open 6am-10pm but I think the bus service only runs 8am-6pm
Don't forget 1 photo for the Laos visa and pay in USD for best price
#4 Posted: 26/4/2012 - 04:25
Add your reply
You need to be logged in to add a reply.
Not a member? you can join here.
|Possibly related discussions||Replies||Views||Latest reply|
|Passenger train now running across Thai-Laos Friendship Bridge ...||0||2055||16 Mar 2010|
|3rd Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge at NKP? ...||1||2136||19 Feb 2010|
|Luang Prabang-Friendship Bridge-Nong Khai and driving in Isaan ...||2||6489||27 Apr 2007|