Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Crossing the friendship bridge into Laos

• Jenn80

Joined Travelfish
    18th April, 2012
    Location Australia

Hi all,
    A friend and I will be flying air Asia from Phuket to Udon Thani and then crossing into Laos
    I have a few things I need help with
    1. We don't get into udon Thani until the evening so we need to book accomadation for the night. Can anyone suggest a good cheap airconditioned place close to some nightlife?
    2. What is the best way to get from udon Thani to the friendship bridge?
    3. What documents do I need in order to get Laos visa?
    4. What time is friendship bridge open?
    Any help will be very appreciated
    Cheers,
    Jen

#1 Posted: 26/4/2012 - 01:25

• Advertisement

• Jenn80

Joined Travelfish
    18th April, 2012
    Location Australia

Or if there is a bus running in the evening to nong khai that would probably be better

#2 Posted: 26/4/2012 - 02:03

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

1. The Irish Clock or Top mansion just down the street from it. Irish clock is a pub too. Top mansion is cheap, clean, has AC but the rooms are very sterile. No character.

2. Bus. Should run frquently, and if you aren't loaded down with luggage, the bus station is about a five to ten minute walk from Top mansion.

3. Your passport.

4. Not sure, but I think 8-5. But that's a guess based on Friendship bridge 2. Rufus would know better.

#3 Posted: 26/4/2012 - 02:40

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

The bridge is open 6am-10pm but I think the bus service only runs 8am-6pm
    Don't forget 1 photo for the Laos visa and pay in USD for best price

#4 Posted: 26/4/2012 - 04:25

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Passenger train now running across Thai-Laos Friendship Bridge ... By JavaJunkie on 16 Mar 2010 0 1910 16 Mar 2010
3rd Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge at NKP? ... By exacto on 19 Feb 2010 1 1955 19 Feb 2010
Luang Prabang-Friendship Bridge-Nong Khai and driving in Isaan ... By murwill16 on 25 Apr 2007 2 6120 27 Apr 2007