Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

From Chiang Mai to Singapore- overland

• kelcatalina

Joined Travelfish
    4th April, 2012

Hi to all,

My friend and I will be traveling to/through Thailand in July for 3 weeks (July 21st through August 11th). We would like to backpack (train/ferries) from Chiang Mai to Singapore spending a few days at the prime spots on the way. We were debating on whether to start in Chiang Mai or Bangkok (due to the amount of time we have- 21 days) and we decided we just CAN't miss out on the opportunity to spend some time in Northern Thailand.

We know that it is little time but our "brainstorm" so far is to spend 2 or 3 days in Chiang Mai and then travel by train straight to Bangkok. From Bangkok we will travel to a few of the islands and head to Singapore making a few stops along the way.

I want to ask for some insight on the plans we have so far and any suggestions on our trip would be greatly appreciated. As in stops to make, places to see, and things we MUST do. Neither of us have been to Thailand and we want to get as much in but we are aware we are playing with such a short time.

Thank you!

#1 Posted: 15/5/2012 - 13:08

• Advertisement

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

if you have set your mind on those trains-go to this site as it has all: seat61.comDO be aware that-as are also many posters on this site, that any negative critique on the riding roosters seems to be forbidden. But there certainly is to be made.
    As the trip-by either train or slightly faster bus takes about 3 nights+parts of some days in between, be so smart to calculate how much time is left for the usual sites etc-and note there is plenty left of it. Now the prob to divide up between Th and MY.

#2 Posted: 18/5/2012 - 06:44

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.