Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

When To Get A Visa?

• chrisb4

Joined Travelfish
    9th May, 2012

Hello everyone, just a very quick question. When do I need to get my Thai visa, can I apply before I leave for Thailand or do I need to wait until I arrive in Thailand? Does the visa begin the moment you apply and recieve it, or does it start when you actually enter the country?

Thanks

CB

#1 Posted: 19/5/2012 - 10:00

• Advertisement

• JamieBell

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2012
    Location United Kingdom

Where are you coming from? There is a list of countries that verify if you are entitled to a free tourist visa. I'm from Scotland and was in Thailand recently. I got a free 30 day visa when I arrived. I did't have to organise anything before I flew, basically just got a stamp on my passport upon arrival. If you plan on staying longer then you can do a visa run where you basically travel to Cambodia or even Malaysia and back where you will get another 30 day visa free. Then again, it depends on your nationality, but there is a long list of countries that are entitled to this. I actually think there may be a list on this site. Hope this helps.

#2 Posted: 19/5/2012 - 11:18

• chrisb4

Joined Travelfish
    9th May, 2012

Hey Jamie, thanks for the reply. I'm coming from the UK (England), so I would assume I also would qualify for a free 30 day visa. Do I this at the airport then on arrival?

#3 Posted: 19/5/2012 - 14:10

• JamieBell

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2012
    Location United Kingdom

Yeah mate, you dont need to do anything. Just turn up and when you go through customs you will get a 30 day visa there and then.

#4 Posted: 19/5/2012 - 14:41

• chrisb4

Joined Travelfish
    9th May, 2012

That's brilliant, thanks mate!

#5 Posted: 19/5/2012 - 14:58

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.