Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

4 Aug Full Moon Party - Koh Samui - Travel buddy/Ferry Info

• chinezero

Joined Travelfish
    13th June, 2011

Hello,
    I'm planning on traveling to Koh Samui on 4 Aug (No flights booked yet) thru 7 Aug (Out of Country Flights booked) however will be basing the flights on ferry schedule so I can arrive earliest and get to the island with minimal lag time between.
    Few questions I had:
    1. What is the ferry schedule from Samui to Phangan? And how reliable is it as well as Bangkok Airways?
    I've got tickets to fly out of BKK on 7 Aug at 1245 so I want to fly out of Samui in the morning. But also want to stay on Phangan until the 7th...wake up catch boat to Samui, transfer to taxi/etc and onward to airport to catch flight. I'd rather have layover time at the Airport if anything. So if the only boat leaves at 7 am to get me there, I've got a good comfort zone for the flights.
    2. My plan is to stay from 4 Aug to 7 Aug. I've noticed most places require a more than X days stay. Are there any recommendations on places to stay?
    Also for any one that has done the Full Moon Party or have been around the area or wish to meet up, please let me know. I realize this gets me there the day of the "party" so am I cutting it close and would it be worth it in the long run? I have no issues with departing BKK early morning of the 4th to get as much time out of this.

#1 Posted: 20/5/2012 - 06:05

• Advertisement

• guava_girl

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2010

The boats and Bangkok Airways are fairly reliable, weather permitting. August is usually beautiful so weather should not be a factor.

If you want exact ferry times go to www.phangan.info
    They seem to have the most up to date info.

As for accommodations, the further away you are from Haad Rin the less likely the chance is you have to book for a minimum amount of nights. However, bear in mind that August is one of the busiest months on Koh Phangan whether there is a party or not.

#2 Posted: 20/5/2012 - 20:49

• SoulofNorCal

Joined Travelfish
    7th July, 2012

Hi there. A friend and I will also be on the island for the August 4th Full Moon Party. We're flying into Koh Samui from Phuket on August 2nd, staying a few nights on Koh Samui at The Lodge Hostel which is a 10 minute walk to the ferries. On the 4th we'll be taking a ferry late morning to Koh Phangan. If I remember correctly the ferries pretty much ran all day. We'll be staying on Koh Phangan until the 7th as well. We're staying at a hotel on Ban Tai Beach which is about a 15 minutes taxi ride to the Full Moon Party (well that's what the hotel site says). We made out hotel reservation on booking.com. Let's talk, maybe we can travel together from Koh Samui to Koh Phangan or meet up at least.

Best,
    Anthony

#3 Posted: 7/7/2012 - 02:51

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Loi Krathong and Full Moon Party, pushes party day later? ... By helmo645 on 26 May 2012 0 1587 26 May 2012
Next Full Moon Party... ... By SammyB on 28 Apr 2009 1 3395 2 May 2009
NYE Full Moon Party from Koh Tao ... By alexanderaroch on 1 Sep 2012 5 4930 4 Sep 2012
full moon party and a-like ... By simonea on 26 Nov 2010 2 2923 30 Nov 2010
Full Moon Party ... By veronicad on 18 Dec 2012 5 2430 20 Dec 2012
Full Moon Party - 6/1 ... By avj682 on 22 May 2007 1 3387 22 May 2007
How to get the last ferry in time for half moon party on Koh Phangan? ... By eve1eve on 20 Nov 2013 5 965 22 Nov 2013
Gathering for the full moon party ... By duncuk on 15 Apr 2011 9 2103 25 Apr 2011
Full Moon Party Questions ... By Kaitlynnicole02 on 11 Feb 2014 6 732 13 Feb 2014
Ko Pha Ngan full moon party ... By halongbay07 on 13 Aug 2009 1 4196 13 Aug 2009