Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

AirAsia website booking problems?

Posted by grak88 on 27/5/2012 at 14:12

Is anyone experiencing problems booking on AirAsia's website? I haven't been able to book a ticket in the last two days. It works all the way up to the end (I put in my card number, I get the verification page from my bank), and then it just says it can't complete the booking and my card is declined. I've tried two credit cards. My bank says there is no problems with my cards and they have no record of AirAsia putting the card through. It's a Canadian card I'm using. I've booked with them before with no problems. What gives?

I called AA - they were no help. If I book through the phone, the price sky rockets

#1 grak88 has been a member since 24/1/2012. Posts: 17

Posted by busylizzy on 27/5/2012 at 15:15

Are you booking on a slow connection? Maybe it's timing out...... I've had problems like this when booking in areas with poor connection.

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by time2fly on 27/5/2012 at 21:01

I think I had that same issue when I booked. Canadian card also!! I think its their slow @ss website. I ended up getting it to work!!

Don't you love all the fees AA adds to the quoted price?

#3 time2fly has been a member since 18/1/2012. Location: Canada. Posts: 112

Posted by mim21 on 18/6/2012 at 23:25

Did you try using Internet Explorer? I booked tickets from thaitrainticket and when I went through the payment gateway, they instructed that I do not use chrome or firefox. I didn't notice this until after I tried to use Chrome and the CC processing timed out. I then tried with internet explorer and it went through no problem. Not sure if this might also be the case for AA?

#4 mim21 has been a member since 8/11/2010. Posts: 2

Posted by busylizzy on 19/6/2012 at 04:50

Chrome isn't usually a problem with Air Asia. I'd say there was just some server or overloading problems on the day the OP was booking.

#5 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.