Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

AirAsia website booking problems?

• grak88

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2012

Is anyone experiencing problems booking on AirAsia's website? I haven't been able to book a ticket in the last two days. It works all the way up to the end (I put in my card number, I get the verification page from my bank), and then it just says it can't complete the booking and my card is declined. I've tried two credit cards. My bank says there is no problems with my cards and they have no record of AirAsia putting the card through. It's a Canadian card I'm using. I've booked with them before with no problems. What gives?

I called AA - they were no help. If I book through the phone, the price sky rockets

#1 Posted: 27/5/2012 - 14:12

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Are you booking on a slow connection? Maybe it's timing out...... I've had problems like this when booking in areas with poor connection.

#2 Posted: 27/5/2012 - 15:15

• time2fly

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2012
    Location Canada

I think I had that same issue when I booked. Canadian card also!! I think its their slow @ss website. I ended up getting it to work!!

Don't you love all the fees AA adds to the quoted price?

#3 Posted: 27/5/2012 - 21:01

• mim21

Joined Travelfish
    8th November, 2010

Did you try using Internet Explorer? I booked tickets from thaitrainticket and when I went through the payment gateway, they instructed that I do not use chrome or firefox. I didn't notice this until after I tried to use Chrome and the CC processing timed out. I then tried with internet explorer and it went through no problem. Not sure if this might also be the case for AA?

#4 Posted: 18/6/2012 - 23:25

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Chrome isn't usually a problem with Air Asia. I'd say there was just some server or overloading problems on the day the OP was booking.

#5 Posted: 19/6/2012 - 04:50

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Beware AirAsia problems ... By Averydka on 9 Dec 2006 4 4107 6 May 2008
Booking problems through bookhostels.com ... By jejuted on 18 Dec 2009 0 1099 18 Dec 2009
Difficulty booking online with AirAsia... ... By ms1892 on 19 Feb 2010 11 6116 9 Mar 2010