Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Visa For A Visitor From UK

  • chrisb4

    Joined Travelfish
    9th May, 2012
    Posts: 13

    Hello everyone, a brief question. I am visiting Thailand for two months in a few weeks. I understand that, as a visitor from the UK, I am entitled to the first 30 days of my visit without needing a visa. Is this correct?
    Also, as I will be there longer than 30 days I will need to get one for the remaining time. Is this easy to do once inside Thailand, or is it easier to get a 90 day tourist visa before I arrive?



    #1 Posted: 28/5/2012 - 10:38

  • Advertisement

  • goonistik

    Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Posts: 560
    Places visited:
    At least 9

    #2 Posted: 28/5/2012 - 17:51

  • ayesha

    TF writer
    Click here to learn more about ayesha
    Joined Travelfish
    12th June, 2009
    Location Thailand
    Posts: 74

    if you want longer than 30 days - sort it with a Thai Embassy in your own country before you leave

    #3 Posted: 28/5/2012 - 22:36

  • Captain_Bob

    Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand
    Posts: 1787

    What you get on arrival without a visa is a 30-day visa exemption (30 days by air arrival, 15 days by land arrival). You cannot get another one (or a proper visa for that matter) inside Thailand. In your case get a tourist visa in advance in the UK. The easiest is via the Thai consulate in Hull by mail. http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com

    This will get you a 60-day entry which can be extended 30 days longer at any Thai immigration office for 1900 baht.

    #4 Posted: 29/5/2012 - 00:58

  • PPeacHH

    Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2012
    Posts: 9

    Ditto to Cpt. Bob

    #5 Posted: 4/6/2012 - 19:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Hotel Deals of the Day
best price guarantee

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Visitor in transit visa for Cambodia? ... By mpinese on 11 Feb 2009 1 3997 12 Feb 2009