Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Ko Tao-Bangkok - Solar Air?

• LivinginAD

Joined Travelfish
    7th April, 2012

Hi

Have anyone tried the combination of boat (Lomprayah) from Ko Tao-Chumpon and then Solar Air to Bangkok?

Seems like a nice option to the boat-bus/train - more expensive, but not as bad as bangkok air, and Lomprayah have an promotion, where you get the boat+bus to airport+flight for 2900 THB
    Thanks

#1 Posted: 2/6/2012 - 01:48

• Advertisement

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

Hi,

I took the flight last week from Chumphon to Bangkok. The 2,900 baht included the boat from Ko Tao and mini bus from pier to airport, so overall a good deal. I took the Lomprayah bus from Bangkok on the way down plus the boat to Ko Tao, which was also efficient and comfortable. Everything from Lomprayah and Solar Air was spot on both on the way down and back.

The only thing to consider is that the Solar Air plane is a small 19-seater with propeller engines, so if you have any fear of flying it could be a scary one. We went through a pretty decent storm on the way back and I must admit I was getting a bit antsy. But it is an adventure, and I'd definitely do it again. :)

#2 Posted: 2/6/2012 - 02:58

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.