Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

gold jewelry shop help.

• TeddyCT

Joined Travelfish
    9th June, 2012

I'm going to get a gold engangement ring for my soon to be fiance. Where should I go with many selections?

#1 Posted: 9/6/2012 - 00:31

• Advertisement

• longbeach

Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2012

Hope it's not a bargirl!

#2 Posted: 9/6/2012 - 01:28

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

as this is a tipical western mindset-those things is not very common in TH. There are hundreds of goldshops-notably in an area of Chinatown-all post their rates for gold per Baht clearly (about 11/12.000 THB now, I think) but they aim the Thai/Chinese market. If you happen to be Indian with that peculiar longing of those folks for smuggled gold-ask at tripadvsior-it seems that the visiting Indians all congregate there.

#3 Posted: 12/6/2012 - 07:03

• somtamguy

Joined Travelfish
    12th June, 2012

Captainbkk, just an update on price. Try doubling that price, to just under 24,000 Baht per Baht weight of gold. http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/297698/gold-prices-for-tuesday

#4 Posted: 12/6/2012 - 09:17

• TeddyCT

Joined Travelfish
    9th June, 2012

thank you everyone.

and no she's definitely not a bar girl!!

#5 Posted: 13/6/2012 - 01:54

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.