Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Where to stay in Mae Hong Son?

Posted by vickyaj on 18/6/2012 at 10:15

Hi everybody!

Im heading to Mae Hong Son for 3 days in July, but Im having a really hard time trying to find a good place to stay at!! Most recommended places have outdated reviews and phone numbers that are impossible to make contact with. So, can anybody recommend me a good place in the area, that is close to the city (btw, is it necessary to stay in the city or staying a 10 min tuc tuc ride away is fine? Cause Id really like to check the night market and stuff like that) but still have access to nature (from what I could see in pictures, nature wise, Mae Hong Son is fantastic!!!

Thanks in advance!!!!

#1 vickyaj has been a member since 14/5/2012. Posts: 7

Posted by captainbkk on 20/6/2012 at 06:19

do not bother-simply go there and be spoilt for choice. I really cannot understand why people seem so overanxious to pre-reserve weeks ahead.
City?? its a village-can walk from airport to other side, meandering via market and lake, in 10/12 mins.
AFAICR there is no real ''night''market-but a few stalls will sell rice-as in any TH countryplace.
PS even IF I would-i would not give a response to someone who seems even unable to clearly specify what kind of place s/he is looking for.

#2 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Posted by Captain_Bob on 20/6/2012 at 13:00

July in MHS is not very busy (rainy season). What's your price range? Baiyoke Chalet is good in the mid-range, hotel style. Piya Guesthouse is a good budget choice. Both are centrally located near the mini-lake in MHS town.

#3 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,819

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.