Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Thailand Visa from Phnom Penh Thai Embassy can it be done?

Posted by willeysr on 19/6/2012 at 05:29

My friend and I are traveling from Cambodia to Thailand by land. We are Americans so that means by land we get 15 days not the 30 days we would get by flying in and we need 18 days. My question is, has anyone done a Thailand tourist visa through the Thai Embassy in Phnom Penh ? We have 4 days in Phnom Penh is that enough time to apply and receive the Visa? I have called and emailed the Embassy many times and I have gotten no response from them. Your help is appreciated:)

Thank you for your time,

Sarah

#1 willeysr has been a member since 21/5/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by guava_girl on 19/6/2012 at 07:16

Yes you can get a tourists visa in Phnom Penh, which will give you 60 days. I believe if you apply in the morning you get it in the afternoon.

Not sure how much this will cost you. The other option is to get the 15 days on arrival and then go to an immigration office once in Thailand and get a 7 day extension, which costs 1,800 baht.

#2 guava_girl has been a member since 21/10/2010. Posts: 252

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.