Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Transfer at Bangkok Airport

Posted by lilymissfun on 19/6/2012 at 14:44

Hi All
Next week I will be flying from Heathrow to Bangkok with EVA Air then on to Chiang Mai with Air Asia. My stop over in Bangkok is 6 hours.
Does anyone know if I will need to go out throught customs and pick up my bag or can I arrange for my bag to be sent straight through to Chiang Mai?
If not, does anyone know if they have lockers or something similar that I can store my suitcase while I wait for the Air Asia check in desk to open?

#1 lilymissfun has been a member since 20/2/2012. Posts: 12

Posted by captainbkk on 20/6/2012 at 06:10

yes you will have to
AA is a POINT 2 POINT carrier-every secor needs to be checked in-only possible landside and NOT at transit, and luggage checked/taken off, even with connecting on AA istelf (bar a very few exceptions and having paid extra for it at KUL only) Which is also abundantly clearly stated on their website when you booked.
There are NO lockers anywhere in TH. there is manual left luggage-but its for a max of like 2-3 hrs-count on 1 hr after arr for customs/paspt etc and 1 hr check in at the latest-possible from 3 hrs (? I think-maybe even possible just after previous flight has closed) before-is that all worth the trouble? As at any airport, there are constantly 100s of pax schlepping luggages.

#2 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.