Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Transfer at Bangkok Airport

• lilymissfun

Joined Travelfish
    20th February, 2012

Hi All
    Next week I will be flying from Heathrow to Bangkok with EVA Air then on to Chiang Mai with Air Asia. My stop over in Bangkok is 6 hours.
    Does anyone know if I will need to go out throught customs and pick up my bag or can I arrange for my bag to be sent straight through to Chiang Mai?
    If not, does anyone know if they have lockers or something similar that I can store my suitcase while I wait for the Air Asia check in desk to open?

#1 Posted: 19/6/2012 - 14:44

• Advertisement

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

yes you will have to
    AA is a POINT 2 POINT carrier-every secor needs to be checked in-only possible landside and NOT at transit, and luggage checked/taken off, even with connecting on AA istelf (bar a very few exceptions and having paid extra for it at KUL only) Which is also abundantly clearly stated on their website when you booked.
    There are NO lockers anywhere in TH. there is manual left luggage-but its for a max of like 2-3 hrs-count on 1 hr after arr for customs/paspt etc and 1 hr check in at the latest-possible from 3 hrs (? I think-maybe even possible just after previous flight has closed) before-is that all worth the trouble? As at any airport, there are constantly 100s of pax schlepping luggages.

#2 Posted: 20/6/2012 - 06:10

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Bangkok airport - transfer to train ... By maribsa on 31 May 2010 5 2293 3 Jun 2010
How much time for transfer in Bangkok Airport? ... By ejiana on 4 Jun 2006 2 2488 5 Jun 2006
SZB-KUL Airport Transfer ... By MichelleWright on 11 Nov 2010 1 4888 11 Nov 2010
Airport Transfer Time ... By pblackstock on 1 Jun 2010 0 1667 1 Jun 2010
hotel airport transfer ... By amylou on 7 Apr 2010 6 1970 1 Sep 2010
Airport transfer from LCCT K/L ... By ChrisM48 on 18 Sep 2011 1 1514 18 Sep 2011