Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Can I get some feedback on why my post was deleted?

• samuiintern

Joined Travelfish
    22nd June, 2012
    Location Thailand

I added a post to Travelfish this morning asking for some advice. I am looking to invite travellers to work with me in Koh Samui in exchange for accommodation. I won't duplicate my previous post, but in a nutshell I own several websites and I want some help with blogging.

I simply wanted to establish whether this was likely to be of interest to people, or whether I was wasting my time exploring this idea. I thought that a site I have used many times myself planning travel in South East Asia would be a logical place to do that.

The message I got was that my post was either a duplicate or spam and so had been deleted. Since I didn't post twice presumably it was classed as spam.

My question is; what is spammy about asking if volunteering for accommodation is likely to appeal to travellers in Thailand? I didn't drop any links and politely asked permission of the moderator to include my email address should anyone be interested. My post was a simple question related to travel in Koh Samui - if anything it would surely add to the forum as if volunteering for accommodation does appeal to people then they can find an opportunity to do so here on Travelfish?

I'd appreciate feedback to make sure I stay within the rules of the site in future. I don't think of myself as a spammer, and I'm keen that others don't either!

Cheers,

Tom

#1 Posted: 23/6/2012 - 04:31

• Advertisement

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

I'll be around in Jan - March. if your offer still stands, but you should enable your private message option.

#2 Posted: 23/6/2012 - 06:09

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

It wasn't deleted - was flagged automatically as spam. I've unspammed it. Pls use the private messaging so people can contact you about it.

#3 Posted: 23/6/2012 - 07:35

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

Personally I think the private message option should be enabled by default, instead of the other way around, and most people don't even listen when you ask them to enable it in order to have private conversations... just saying - :)

#4 Posted: 23/6/2012 - 07:48

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

I think the process of enabling PM is confusing, too. it's a two-step process and many don't seem to get it. I've had to a plain a couple of times to people that they haven't enabled if when they thought that they had.

Just saying... :-)

#5 Posted: 23/6/2012 - 20:04

• samuiintern

Joined Travelfish
    22nd June, 2012
    Location Thailand

Hi guys,

Firstly thanks for reinstating my post, that is much appreciated! I am pretty sure I have successfully enabled private messaging after a little guidance from Lizzy on my other thread :)

Altmtl, definitely do get in touch with me if you are in Samui early next year - that's great!

Tom

#6 Posted: 23/6/2012 - 22:48

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Why did my Post get deleted? ... By Seydl on 1 Jan 2012 0 817 1 Jan 2012
Why did my post get deleted? ... By jmdma808 on 17 Jun 2009 9 2737 16 Aug 2013