Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Bangkok - 1 month stay

• banjara

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

I am going to attend a course in Bangkok near Siam Square in May and am wondering if anyone has any recommendations for somewhere on the Chitlom/Ploenchit side - either a guesthouse of studio - my budget is about THB 18,000-22,000 for the month.

Any suggestions most appreciated, thanks.

#1 Posted: 17/4/2007 - 11:35

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

hi banjara,

i'm afraid that the places i used to stay in the chitlom/ploenchit area are now way more than the THB 22K/month amount. there is a place called PS Guesthouse on Sukhumvit Soi 8 you might want to check out. that would only be a short skytrain ride from the areas you mention.

we stayed at PS last summer for several nights and loved it. large, charming rooms for about 900 baht/night. i imagine you may be able to negotiate a lower rate for an extended stay. PS Guesthouse is listed on Travelfish if you'd like more details. you can contact them via email and they usually respond quickly. cheers.

#2 Posted: 18/4/2007 - 09:03

• GussieG

Joined Travelfish
    9th September, 2006

Following on from this, I too will be in Bangkok for a month (August in my case), same area of the city, and would also welcome recommendations for apartments/studios, either specific ones or reputable agencies. Again, any help would be much appreciated.

#3 Posted: 18/4/2007 - 21:32

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Just a few stops up the Skytrain is House by the Pond -- we lived there (in a studio) for a few months when first moved to Bangkok -- it's comfortable, clean and well managed -- and has a roof top pool with terrific views. The studio rates start at 19,500B a month. The rooms are all serviced daily -- no need to pick your dirty socks up off the floor ;-)

#4 Posted: 19/4/2007 - 08:15

• svendj

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2010
    Location Belgium
    Places visited:
    At least 32

As somtam says, take te skytrain and go a little bit outside the main area.
    Some good hotels and condo's are available at good prices.

I had a condo in Chatuchack (take the metro-station, you can find it under the hua lampong train station, and take it to the last stop). I stayed in that condo for free because it was from a good friend but I think he paid about 15000 baht a month for it. twin bed room, bathroom and balcony. no kitchen or whatever but you don't really need that in thailand cause te food on the street is the best there is.

so: best tip: get out of bkk a little bit and search your way around.

#5 Posted: 30/4/2010 - 17:09

• sirhalberd

Joined Travelfish
    30th December, 2007

You can get a hotel in the Sukhumvit Road area for around 600 baht a night and just take the Skytrain to your classes. This will be a hotel room with air, hot water, private toilet, cable TV, maid service and close to restaurants and shopping. Some hotels will give you a good deal for longer stays, especially in the low season. Buy a hot plate if you want to heat something up.

Good luck.

#6 Posted: 1/5/2010 - 07:50

• RotPickup

Joined Travelfish
    7th June, 2008
    Total reviews: 35

Near Chitlom you can try and ask for monthly rates at Sawasdee Inn in Soi Lang Suan.
    Quite a few people stay there for longer periods of time; check out: http://www.sawasdeelangsuaninn.com/

#7 Posted: 3/5/2010 - 22:52

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
3 month stay in Bangkok ... By tblais on 22 Aug 2007 3 1782 28 Aug 2007