Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

bangkok for 1 week

• hoozah

Joined Travelfish
    26th February, 2012

I just bought a one-way flight to bangkok for the 19th. I purchased a weeks stay at some hostel in Soi Predi. Is this a good location? What are some must-see's in/around Bangkok for a week? I bought a LP guide book a few months ago, but not sure what all I can squeeze in a week before I move on. I paid $30/night for the hostel to. Is this good for a private/shared bathroom?

edit: one more thing, what's the best beach around bangkok? I looked at koh samui on the map and it seems kind of far.

#1 Posted: 5/7/2012 - 18:33

• Advertisement

• hoozah

Joined Travelfish
    26th February, 2012

ps: the hostel is named refill now! and it got good reviews on every site I looked at.

#2 Posted: 5/7/2012 - 19:53

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

1.the last LP I have on BKK/ or Th has even programs for 2/3/4/7 days-just follow them. or just follow the usual young newbie crowd-anyone in that overpriced hostel will be- and drink too muth, do not venture oput-frightening hot and scary, etc.
    2.what $$ do you mean? The usual USAer unknown to the fact there are some 6 $$-varieties? If it were MY$ or TW$, the price would be very good-in USD though its abismal expensive compared to what the same money would buy elsewhere in BKK=-i nplaces that do not advertise on the www, that rely on walk-ins and people in the know-various of them are even listed in some other part of this site-mostly the best garantee to bump into other newbie, all unused to what TH has to offer and thus finding anything ''swell/cool/amazing/excellentio'' etc.. PS: IF you happen to be OZzie-they have $$ too, nah?-then DO expect serious probs at airport with that check-in girl about not having a ticket OUT-without a prearranged visum for TH

#3 Posted: 6/7/2012 - 04:56

• longbeach

Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2012

$30 for a hostel type room? Rip off. 4 star rooms go for $45-60, 3 star $30.

See Agoda/Wotif for ideas

#4 Posted: 9/7/2012 - 04:28

• smiley1609

Joined Travelfish
    10th July, 2012

i'm going to bangkok on 18-21 july 2012. maybe we can meet up.

#5 Posted: 10/7/2012 - 20:48

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.