Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

bangkok for 1 week

Posted by hoozah on 5/7/2012 at 18:33

I just bought a one-way flight to bangkok for the 19th. I purchased a weeks stay at some hostel in Soi Predi. Is this a good location? What are some must-see's in/around Bangkok for a week? I bought a LP guide book a few months ago, but not sure what all I can squeeze in a week before I move on. I paid $30/night for the hostel to. Is this good for a private/shared bathroom?

edit: one more thing, what's the best beach around bangkok? I looked at koh samui on the map and it seems kind of far.

#1 hoozah has been a member since 26/2/2012. Posts: 6

Posted by hoozah on 5/7/2012 at 19:53

ps: the hostel is named refill now! and it got good reviews on every site I looked at.

#2 hoozah has been a member since 26/2/2012. Posts: 6

Posted by captainbkk on 6/7/2012 at 04:56

1.the last LP I have on BKK/ or Th has even programs for 2/3/4/7 days-just follow them. or just follow the usual young newbie crowd-anyone in that overpriced hostel will be- and drink too muth, do not venture oput-frightening hot and scary, etc.
2.what $$ do you mean? The usual USAer unknown to the fact there are some 6 $$-varieties? If it were MY$ or TW$, the price would be very good-in USD though its abismal expensive compared to what the same money would buy elsewhere in BKK=-i nplaces that do not advertise on the www, that rely on walk-ins and people in the know-various of them are even listed in some other part of this site-mostly the best garantee to bump into other newbie, all unused to what TH has to offer and thus finding anything ''swell/cool/amazing/excellentio'' etc.. PS: IF you happen to be OZzie-they have $$ too, nah?-then DO expect serious probs at airport with that check-in girl about not having a ticket OUT-without a prearranged visum for TH

#3 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Posted by longbeach on 9/7/2012 at 04:28

$30 for a hostel type room? Rip off. 4 star rooms go for $45-60, 3 star $30.

See Agoda/Wotif for ideas

#4 longbeach has been a member since 28/3/2012. Posts: 307

Posted by smiley1609 on 10/7/2012 at 20:48

i'm going to bangkok on 18-21 july 2012. maybe we can meet up.

#5 smiley1609 has been a member since 10/7/2012. Posts: 8

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.