Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Where to stay for Xmas and NYE for the full moon party (cheap)

Posted by joclifton13 on 6/7/2012 at 09:48

Does anyone have any suggestion as to where to stay for Xmas and NYE in Koh Phangan thats near to Full Moon party?
I have been told I need to pre book over this period so need some suggestions.
I am a female on my own and it will be my first time in Thailand.
Looking for somewhere cheap, but safe, clean and hopefully where I can meet fellow travellers
I like the sound of Haad Yuan because its near the full moon but not right in the thick of it but am open to suggestions.
Have come across hostels but at NYE they are all charging £26 per night with a min stay of a week which is WAAAY out of my budget.
Thanks in advance

#1 joclifton13 has been a member since 6/7/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by tezza on 7/7/2012 at 22:34

A very short distance up the east coast from Had Rin are two of the most laid back beaches in Thailand - Had Thian (Tien) (the east coast one) and Had Wai Nam. The latter has only one place to stay, Wai Nam Bungalows, an attractive budget place. Even cheaper but really nice is Beam on Had Thian.
These beaches are joined by short tracks over the headland which lead south to a busier but still relaxed and very nice beach called Had Yuan (the east coast one). A few months ago I stayed at Bamboo Hut, a budget but very nice joint with exceptionally good food. Check travelfish East Coast Phangan for more on these beaches and joints.

At party time you will find people sharing longtails down to Had Rin .

#2 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,338
 Website 

Posted by longbeach on 9/7/2012 at 10:00

If you can't afford 1000 baht a night dont go during peak season. Go May to october. Thailand would suck around xmas/nye with the crowds/prices. FMPs are for durggie losers also. Try a new plan that involves something culturally interesting.

#3 longbeach has been a member since 28/3/2012. Posts: 307

Posted by joclifton13 on 9/7/2012 at 11:05

Thanks for your advice guys.
Unfortunately, I am going to Thailand in December on my way to Australia so I dont have much choice.
Tezza, these places that you suggested can I book in advance or is it a case of turning up and hoping for the best? I've that I need to pre book over the Xmas and NYE week.

#4 joclifton13 has been a member since 6/7/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by longbeach on 9/7/2012 at 20:19

Good places will sell out over nye/xmas. The dumps will be left.

#5 longbeach has been a member since 28/3/2012. Posts: 307

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.