Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

ANYONE GOING OUT TO THAILAND IN 2-3WEEKS TIME?

• gbigsby19

Joined Travelfish
    8th July, 2012

Hi im a 26 year old female travelling to thailand on my own in a few weeks time, just wondered if anyone is going roughly at the same time, looking for a travel buddy possibly?

can you meet people when your out there? first time travelling so a little nervous doing it on my own.

any feedback will be appreciated!

#1 Posted: 8/7/2012 - 09:51

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

I live out in Mukdahan, so if you come out this way look me up. Periodically travelfishers have come by.

#2 Posted: 8/7/2012 - 11:39

• gbigsby19

Joined Travelfish
    8th July, 2012

cool, thank you, what do you do out there and do you have any tips for a first time single traveller?

#3 Posted: 8/7/2012 - 12:01

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009

Well, it's hard to give tips unless I know what you are trying to get out of your trip. I'd tell you what I would do, which is unlikely to be anything you would do. So without a bit more detail about your likes, dislikes, etc. it's hard to give good advice.

As for what I do? I'm a bum. I play chess, watch TV, dance... I try to do as little productive as humanly possible. Good work if you can get it.

#4 Posted: 8/7/2012 - 13:43

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

Sounds like a nice life MADMAC...it must be a cheap place to live.

#5 Posted: 8/7/2012 - 16:26

• passthatver-
    sace

Joined Travelfish
    30th June, 2012

I'm a 27 year-old female; I'll be flying into Bangkok on July 31! I will be exploring Thailand, Cambodia (just Angkor Wat), and Vietnam (Saigon/Hanoi/Halong Bay) for 6 weeks.

#6 Posted: 9/7/2012 - 00:18

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009

It's pretty cheap, and I don't pay rent. If it weren't for my kids, my overhead would be low.

#7 Posted: 9/7/2012 - 01:33

• longbeach

Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2012

"I play chess, watch TV, dance"

at the same time?

#8 Posted: 9/7/2012 - 05:23

• RC2012

Joined Travelfish
    5th April, 2012

Hi, I'm 22 from the UK and arrive in BKK on 2nd of Aug. Im travelling Thailand, Laos, Vietnam & Cambodia before going back to Thailand for a month or so and then travelling malaysia, singapore and Australia, I will be celebrating my 23rd at Septs full moon party but apart from that havent planned anything out yet apart from the route I want to take. I want to do alot of sight seeing and adventurous stuff like jungle treks, diving etc..

If anyone wants to meet up let me know, i'm also going alone and travelling for the first time so i'm as nervous as I am excited :)

#9 Posted: 9/7/2012 - 05:37

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

"I play chess, watch TV, dance"

at the same time?

Not funny whatsoever.

#10 Posted: 9/7/2012 - 05:49

• Advertisement

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

OP, don't be nervous. SE Asia is one of the safest places you can travel if you take the usual precautions.

1) Don't get too drunk at any stage, particularly in a strange place and/or if you may have to walk home alone;

2) Do a little bit of research if you are travelling by night bus. In some areas (e.g. Cambodia) these can be a little hazardous and fatal accidents in recent times are not unheard of;

3) The street food is gorgeous but it is not for everyone's tastes. Check that the stall you are contemplating eating from has running water at a minimum.

4) There is somebody for everything in SE Asia so in that respect it is very easy to get around and have all your needs looked after. I would say there is no need for you to be nervous once you exercise common sense.

#11 Posted: 9/7/2012 - 05:53

• gbigsby19

Joined Travelfish
    8th July, 2012

Passthatver-save and RC2012 are you both on Facebook? I'm looking to fly out roughly the same time as you both, haven't really got a full plan of what doing but places I want to see, be great to speak with you both more what do you both think?

#12 Posted: 9/7/2012 - 10:47

• longbeach

Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2012

facebook? why bother? use this site and other travel sites. facebook is the ghayest website

#13 Posted: 9/7/2012 - 19:59

• RC2012

Joined Travelfish
    5th April, 2012

gbigsby19 That sounds good, I am on facebook. PM me your details and I will try search you. I want to see as much as possible but I will probably arrange everything once I am there as and when.

#14 Posted: 10/7/2012 - 02:09

• gbigsby19

Joined Travelfish
    8th July, 2012

RC2012 you have your messages disabled so please send me a private message or enable your private messages!
    thats the same with me want to see as much as i can but also relax and how days where i dont do anything too!
    this could work for both of us so please do get in touch!

#15 Posted: 10/7/2012 - 05:19

• emmalbateman

Joined Travelfish
    14th May, 2012

Hi gbigsby19,
    I will be arriving in Koh Sumui on the 27th July, i'm also a solo traveller who is a little bit nervous about doing it on her own. I'm planning on going to the full moon party on 4th August & then after Thailand I will be travelling around Cambodia, Laos & Vietnam, I'm a 24 year old female from the UK, let me know if you plan to be around the islands at this time as it would be great to meet up :)

#16 Posted: 10/7/2012 - 05:48

• gbigsby19

Joined Travelfish
    8th July, 2012

Hi emmalbateman,

Great news I am hoping to come out that time too be great to meet up when there also and do things together, always good meeting new people and I am a little nervous about it all too if I keep u posted when I had sorted flights if it a day or two after we can arrange somewhere to meet in Bangkok an head to the full moon party together ?
    What do you think?

#17 Posted: 10/7/2012 - 06:02

• ColoradoNat-
    ive

Joined Travelfish
    10th July, 2012

I'm flying into BangKok on August 1st and I plan on traveling around Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam until the 24th. I'm going to meet up with my sister who is studying in China for the summer, but we would like to meet people who are interested in traveling around.

#18 Posted: 10/7/2012 - 17:30

• nickbond1984

Joined Travelfish
    16th July, 2012

I am flying to Bangkok - leaving HeathrowTerminal 5 2nd of August, via Amsterdam for a connecting flight to arrive inBangkok on the 3rd of August. Staying 1 night then traveling onwards to Hat Yaion the 4th August to start a TEFL course with the Visions Academy on the 6thAugust. It would be great to find someone travelling on the same route.

I am a 28-year-old guy from London.

#19 Posted: 16/7/2012 - 20:34

• Spencil

Joined Travelfish
    17th July, 2012

First time single traveller here too! I'm 26 male from California flying in to Bangkok on the 26th of July. I have eight days by myself before I meet up with my brother and am a little nervous about being by myself. I love drinking but not really looking to party. I would rather spend my time seeing and doing what I can't back home. Touristy stuff and off the beaten path, I don't care, I just want to see some natural and cultural beauty.

Anyone want to meet up?

#20 Posted: 17/7/2012 - 01:21

• RC2012

Joined Travelfish
    5th April, 2012

Hi NickBond, Im flying from Gatwick on 2nd of Aug to Amsterdam and then from Amsterdam to Bangkok (possibly on the same flight to Bangkok) what are your plans for when you arrive?

Ryan

#21 Posted: 18/7/2012 - 07:41

• bluesky_1984

Joined Travelfish
    18th July, 2012

hey,
    I'm Nicole, 27 and I will be in Thailand, arriving in Bangkok on July 27th. I have about 2 months in Asia and was planning on doing Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia and then flying out of Singapore on October 1st. Don't really have any plans yet though and would love some company, as I'm traveling alone also.

#22 Posted: 18/7/2012 - 09:55

• nickbond1984

Joined Travelfish
    16th July, 2012

Hi Ryan,

I fly out from heathrow terminal 5 on the 2nd on BA - then from Amsterdam on China Airways at 14.05 - is that the same as yourself?
    When I arrive I am staying in Bangkok for 1 night then going to Hat Yai on the Saturday afternoon - what about yourself?

Nick

#23 Posted: 18/7/2012 - 13:45

• longbeach

Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2012

Thailand has plenty of tourists. Just go and do what you want. You'll meet some nice people and perhaps some not so good along the way.

#24 Posted: 18/7/2012 - 18:04

• nazi

Joined Travelfish
    19th July, 2012

Hi, I am an Indian Male working in UAE. I am looking for a travel partner (Prefer from EUROPE ) for my THAILAND trip in septemper...If any one interest to join with me please let me know. I will get free luxury accommodations and private tours on free of charge basis ...Bcos I AM WORKING IN TOURISM FIELD...You can contact me nazyie at hotmail dot com

Regards

#25 Posted: 19/7/2012 - 01:09

• nazi

Joined Travelfish
    19th July, 2012

Hi, I am an Indian Male working in UAE. I am looking for a travel partner (Prefer from EUROPE ) for my THAILAND trip in septemper...If any one interest to join with me please let me know. I will get free luxury accommodations and private tours on free of charge basis ...Bcos I AM WORKING IN TOURISM FIELD...You can contact me nazyie at hotmail dot com

Regards

#26 Posted: 19/7/2012 - 01:14

• nazi

Joined Travelfish
    19th July, 2012

Hi, I am 39 male (Indian national/settled in UAE) and woking in a tourism field. I am looking for a travel partner for 01 week in Thailand. This is my 4th trip to Thailand. I prefer Eurpeans or Philippines. I will get free luxury accommodations & sightseeing tours. If someone interest to join with me please write to nazyie at hotmail dot com...Thanks

#27 Posted: 19/7/2012 - 02:28

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

Don't expect too many Israelis, or Germans for that matter, to look you up with a user name like that.

#28 Posted: 19/7/2012 - 04:17

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009

Well, at least he's not trying to be politically correct. I'm good with that.

#29 Posted: 19/7/2012 - 08:35

• longbeach

Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2012

He's a scammer. Free hotels yeah right!!

#30 Posted: 19/7/2012 - 08:47

• RC2012

Joined Travelfish
    5th April, 2012

Hi Nick,

I fly from Gatwick-Amsterdam on the 2nd and then from Amsterdam 14:05 with China airlines so it looks like the same flight to BKK :)

Im meeting a friend once I land but we have no plans but going with no timescale which helps, All I know is we are booked in to stay in BKK 2 nights and then going with the flow of things from there :)

#31 Posted: 19/7/2012 - 17:26

• nickbond1984

Joined Travelfish
    16th July, 2012

Hi Ryan,

I am new too this website / travelfish. I just tried to send you a private message but it turns out the button I pressed (the x underneath your message) is actually to report your post - SORRY!!!

But - that's awesome that we are on the same flight - I have never been one to enjoy flying on my own; having grown up in Hong Kong and frequently flown to the UK and back from a young age the novelty has long gone.

How long do you plan on staying in Thailand?

Nick

#32 Posted: 19/7/2012 - 21:42

• RC2012

Joined Travelfish
    5th April, 2012

Haha well thanks for reporting me, If I end up banned its your fault!!

I've never flew alone before so not sure if I will enjoy it either, I used to love flying but on my last trip I hated it but have no idea why ha!

Well I have a 60 day single entry visa but only got that so I dont get stopped as I dont have any onwards travel, I want to go to Sept full moon party so probably stay for a month, do some diving and maybe a few treks and then head north up through Laos and Vietnam.

I didnt want to book anything or plan anything until im there that way I can just do what I want and if I meet people going somewhere that sounds fun im not tied to anything so I can just join them.

How long are you travelling for?

Ryan

#33 Posted: 20/7/2012 - 08:07

• nickbond1984

Joined Travelfish
    16th July, 2012

Actually funny thing is that I was going to flu from Gatwick on probably the same flight; but as I live 20 minutes drive from Heathrow, for saving the extra £30 I decided to make the trip just a little easier...

As for my plans, as it stands now I plan to stay i

#34 Posted: 22/7/2012 - 18:27

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.