Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

VISA question for Thailand

• RC2012

Joined Travelfish
    5th April, 2012

Hey, I've booked a 1 way ticket arriving BKK in Aug, I've gone 1 way as I have enough money saved and not planning anything until im there, I will also be getting the 30 day visa on arrival - Has anyone done this recently on a 1 way ticket from the UK? I have spoke to my airline who said if I can prove I have sufficient funds I will be fine with a 1 way ticket even without onwards travel however the Thai embassy told me I wont be allowed to board the plane without proof of onwards travel? My friends have all said I will be fine just explain my route as I will be travelling by land, but im still unsure...

Thanks

#1 Posted: 9/7/2012 - 05:47

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

The problem is no one can 100% guarantee one way or another - that you will or will not have a problem boarding the flight from the UK. Some airline staff on the phone or some cleric at the embassy can tell you their interpretation of current policy, but in my experience it's pretty hit and miss. The 30-day visa exemption is intended for people with return airfare within 30 days. The easiest way of removing the guesswork is get a Thai tourist visa in advance. This is advisable for anyone going to Thailand on an open plan. Single entry costs just 25 quid at the consulate in Hull. http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com

#2 Posted: 9/7/2012 - 07:56

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Question regarding visa for Thailand ... By azizi on 16 Nov 2010 3 698 16 Nov 2010
30 Day Visa to Thailand Question ... By jdollar on 21 Jun 2006 1 1425 22 Jun 2006
Thailand Visa Question - hope someone can help! ... By geo85 on 12 Nov 2009 7 1238 14 Nov 2009