Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Travel from Koh Phangan to Cambodia

• mica_aka

Joined Travelfish
    24th June, 2012

Hey,

Me and my friend are going to be in Thailand on 8th December traveling and will be heading over to Cambodia in January.

Our final destination before Cambodia will be Koh Phangan for NYE of course we have to be there for The Full Moon Party.

We need to book a ticket before we arrive in Thailand to prove were leaving the country which we are and need advise on where to book a boat, train or bus from Koh Phangan to Cambodia.

Could anyone help us and point us in the right direction so we can get it booked :)

Cannot wait to get over there!

x

#1 Posted: 11/7/2012 - 16:19

• Advertisement

• enigmatic

Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2011
    Total reviews: 11

If you've got loadsamoney you could fly to Cambodia from Samui

Otherwise go via Bangkok.
    Unless you're desperately short of time you can do bus/boat for the entire journey, stopping for a night in Bangkok for a rest. The requirement for a ticket to leave Thailand is theoretical for your average Western tourist: if the airline insist on you buying one get the cheapest fully refundable ticket you can and get the refund once in Thailand.

#2 Posted: 12/7/2012 - 02:02

• mica_aka

Joined Travelfish
    24th June, 2012

Wicked!

Do you know any websites online where I can buy bus/ boat tickets in advanced? Dont know which ones are legit?
    x

#3 Posted: 16/7/2012 - 08:38

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.