Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Solo - Thailand/NYE 2012-2013

Posted by Brittxox on 21/7/2012 at 04:04

Hey Guys,

I'm heading to thailand over the new year period - I'll be travelling alone and just wanting to know any advise or tips on the best places to go, hostels or hotels where people are actually social so I'm not alone all the time! Yeah anything you think I should know, please tell me!

aha

xo

#1 Brittxox has been a member since 21/7/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by morashid on 21/7/2012 at 17:05

Hi,

I'm landing in Bangkok in November, with an open return for 6 months.

First time there.

Give me a shout if you want to meet for a beer etc.

Cheers,

Mo

#2 morashid has been a member since 23/6/2012. Posts: 6

Posted by longbeach on 22/7/2012 at 19:19

" just wanting to know any advise or tips on the best places to go, hostels or hotels where people are actually social so I'm not alone all the time"

Loads of tourists there. There's also some locals I hear but you wouldn't want to speak to them.

#3 longbeach has been a member since 28/3/2012. Posts: 307

Posted by exacto on 23/7/2012 at 00:15

When I lived in Bangkok we used to call New Year's Eve amateur night, where lots of folks who normally don't go out and party go out and party. We used to see more problems on that night than any other time.

But you'll be on holiday, so you won't want to miss it either. Whatever you decide, you may want to get where you are going and settle in for a few days before and after if you can. Transportation can be booked solid during that time of year.

If I were to be there that time of year, I might look for somewhere like Chiang Mai or Samui Island, just because you'd have lots of variety and plenty of people to socialize with for NYE. But there are other spots too. What do you like to do?

#4 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,606
 Where has exacto been? 

Posted by Brittxox on 23/7/2012 at 04:25

Mo - that would be really cool, are you on facebook or anything? I can add you and keep in contact somehow! Have you got any plans for nye yet?

Exacto - haha your correct, I want to go to the fullmoon party on nye - I've been told to jump on the ferrie early in the day to avoid any drama's and so on and not to catch the speed boats at night because they can be quite dangerous.
I think I'll be leaving Aus on the 27th and coming back around the 7th of Jan.. I'm interested really in chilling out and treating myself but also doing a little bit of partying! Not really into elephant rides and jet skiing and all of that, for half my life I grew up in bali so I'm not a typical tourist I guess! Any islands or anything you could recommend to check out, or good places for yoga/meditation?

Thanks! :)

#5 Brittxox has been a member since 21/7/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by longbeach on 23/7/2012 at 07:47

NYE FMP odds are someone will die and a dozen or so will end up in hospital. Pretty dumb way to spend NYE. Full of deadshits for sure. Always is that thing but NYE will be really bad.

Bangkok is a much better option. City rocks for food and nightclubs. Hit a restaurant til 9pm then a nightclub or two.

#6 longbeach has been a member since 28/3/2012. Posts: 307

Posted by longbeach on 23/7/2012 at 07:54

http://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-night/blogs/article/-/9864347/a-night-at-the-full-moon-party/

any number of links talk about the deaths, rapes, drink spiking
you'd really have to be a dipstick to want to go to these things

#7 longbeach has been a member since 28/3/2012. Posts: 307

Posted by somtam2000 on 23/7/2012 at 08:10 admin

Bye @longbeach. See you next year.

#8 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by morashid on 23/7/2012 at 12:33

Hey Brittxox,

Yeah, http://www.facebook.com/mo19om.

Add me, would be great to keep in touch.

I'm thinking either Kuala Lumpur or full moon party for NYE... But no real plans, see how it goes.

Cheers,

Mo.

#9 morashid has been a member since 23/6/2012. Posts: 6

Posted by Anya on 31/10/2012 at 22:29

Hi Guys,
I am planning to travel from BKK to Saigon for 9 days end december and to fly back to BKK for NYE. Im going alone, so would love to meet people who are doing the same! ;-)
Does anyone have rec's on what's the best way to spend NYE in BKK? would love to hear from you either here or my email: mail2anya@gmail.com.

#10 Anya has been a member since 31/10/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by vipinsh on 5/11/2012 at 06:07

Hey Brittxox , Morashid & Anya,

I'm also going to Thailand and hopefully for FMP on NYE...well if you guys want to meet up then add me on Facebook :- https://www.facebook.com/vipin.sharma80

Cheers Guys

#11 vipinsh has been a member since 21/9/2012. Location: Earth. Posts: 8

Posted by Greatlookinguy on 6/11/2012 at 11:20

Woo hoo! Let's get an FMP NYE crowd together folks!

Am all booked up at Koh Phangan from 26th Dec to 2nd Jan. One week at the FMP island. Will hire a motorbike and go around during the day time methinks (once I've woken up, heh!).. it surely cannot be ONLY beach parties on that island!

PM me for F-Book details. Mo, will ping you now mate.

#12 Greatlookinguy has been a member since 2/8/2012. Location: Earth. Posts: 43
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by Zimadian on 6/11/2012 at 19:55

Hey Britoxox,

I will be heading to Bangkok in a couple weeks then making my way down the south west coast to Chiang Mia, Puhket and Koh Phangan. Not in that order as I'm still trying to plan my solo backpack trip. If you would like to share some ideas or meet up for a beer. Let me know.

Not like it matters, but I'm a Canadian living in the US, who has recently started to do a fair bit of traveling. Maybe we can swap some stories or just share ideas.

Let me know.

Sorry no Facebook, but I think if you send me a private message on this site I will get it.

Take care.

#13 Zimadian has been a member since 28/10/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by Taravee23 on 27/11/2012 at 07:45

Hey guys,
I am also going to be in Bangkok for New Year's Eve, I'm travelling solo for the first time so it would be amazing if anyone is in the same boat and wanted to catch up for a drink.
My flight arrives on the 30th so I definitely won't have time to get to the islands for NYE but if anyone is in Bangkok from the 30th till the 2nd that would be great!
Cheers guys :)

#14 Taravee23 has been a member since 27/11/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by altmtl on 27/11/2012 at 08:16

Seeing that I think the FMP is a bunch of crap I'll be on a plane NYE :) Will be in BK from Jan. 2nd - 6th, before heading to Trang & then Koh Lanta.

#15 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 992
 Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by Chitvan on 5/12/2013 at 12:19

Hey Guys !!! Im New to the Blog been reading it and loved it made me want to join instantly...
I would be in BKK from 30th Dec to 02nd Jan ..I would be traveling solo and would love to catch up and meet new people....

#16 Chitvan has been a member since 5/12/2013. Posts: 1

Posted by adbeats06 on 8/12/2013 at 23:28

Hey!

I am a solo female traveler from Canada and I will be in Bangkok from the 7th of Jan until the 9th. Are you thinking you might still be there?!

A.

#17 adbeats06 has been a member since 22/10/2013. Location: Canada. Posts: 13

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.