Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

f/27/solo/Thailand from now 'till 15th oct - looking for advice (on volunteering)/company

Posted by jilltoussaint on 26/7/2012 at 17:12

Hi!

I'm Jill from Belgium.
I just arrived today in BKK and will be travelling until the 15th of octobre through thailand. i haven't made any specific plans yet about itinerary. I'd thought of going north and then hit south again.
Is this a good idea ending in octobre on the islands, thinking about the monsoon season?
As i will only visit Thailand, i've plenty of time to go slow and f.ex. also do some volunteering. Any advice about this is wellcome as well!
Also, some travelling company is very wellcome :)
Greets!

#1 jilltoussaint has been a member since 26/7/2012. Posts: 3

Posted by kinghavana on 27/7/2012 at 05:52

Hi Jill,
Lovely to meet you here on travelfish! I shall be in Samui on the 3rd onwards for a couple weeks.....would luv to meet up if your there.....the full moon party is on the 4th in Koh Pagnan which is 20min boat ride away...... what are ur plans.....

msg me: kinghavana@hotmail.com

Talk later...hugzzzz
Havana.

#2 kinghavana has been a member since 26/7/2012. Posts: 7

Posted by Captain_Bob on 27/7/2012 at 07:55

Do you have a visa good for three months? If you want to volunteer you'll need a non-immigrant visa and a work permit.
As for weather, right now until September your best bet is the lower gulf islands, Ko Samui/Phangan/Tao. Otherwise it's rainy season in most of the country until Oct/Nov. So maybe don't worry about rain too much, just go where you want and deal with it. Enjoy!

#3 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,819

Posted by jilltoussaint on 27/7/2012 at 12:19

Well, i changed my plans, that is i'm heading south first - due to the rainy season - and then north. I guess half septembre to be in Chiang Mai (if i take up a massage course there).
Let me know if you want to join me or if our paths can cross!

#4 jilltoussaint has been a member since 26/7/2012. Posts: 3

Posted by veekay on 10/8/2012 at 06:37

Hi I m veekay and would be in Thailand from 23 till 27th possibly in Bkk and then have an open program. I would like to visit Sukho-thai/Chiang-rai/Chian-mai and Kanchanbuari and may be something else.I would get a thai sim card once i am there.My e-mail is veekay_i@yahoo.com

#5 veekay has been a member since 20/7/2012. Posts: 11

Posted by jennyisfree on 11/8/2012 at 00:00

Hi Jill,
Go to Mirror in Thailand. One of my best friends volunteered here for three months and she absolutely adored it. It's in the northern hill tribe province of Thailand. Very authentic and enriching experience. Enjoy :)
http://themirrorfoundation.org/cms/

#6 jennyisfree has been a member since 10/8/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by altmtl on 11/8/2012 at 04:57

I have issues with places that ask for fees to volunteer, one shouldn't have to pay to volunteer.

#7 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 992
 Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 12/8/2012 at 07:42

Paying money to volunteer is crazy. It's basically a rort. If you want to help Thai people tip the workers in markets, restaurants etc.

#8 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148

Posted by YvonneLasVegas on 16/8/2012 at 04:48

Hello, I am doing my first solo (F/25/solo)on Aug 16 - Sept 17

I will be staying the most part on Ton Sai if you would like to get together and climb and hang out
Yvonnec87@gmail.com [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

#9 YvonneLasVegas has been a member since 16/8/2012. Location: United States. Posts: 5

Posted by jilltoussaint on 16/8/2012 at 08:29

hi! from monday 20 august until the 16 aeptember i am in ko phangang for a month-during yoga course. so cant make any travel plans during that period. greets!

#10 jilltoussaint has been a member since 26/7/2012. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.