Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Ko Chang: Walking from Lonely Beach to Nam Tok Khlong Plu Waterfall?

Posted by JuliaMcD on 29/7/2012 at 17:48

Hey everyone.

I will be in Ko Chang this November and am staying at "Lonely Beach" for four days.
One day I would like to check out the biggest waterfall of the island "Nam Tok Khlong Plu" and was wondering if it is possible and safe to just walk the distance from the resort? Any idea how long it might take?

I tried to look on Google Maps but none of the beaches or towns on the islands are marked so I can only very roughly estimate that it might take between 2 and 2,5 hours?

Any feedback welcome. Cheers.

#1 JuliaMcD has been a member since 29/7/2012. Posts: 8

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 30/7/2012 at 18:24

The main waterfall is around the Khlong Phrao area which is a long way from Lonely Beach. You can ride a bike but there's a big hill between Kaibee and Lonely Beach. I've never stayed at Lonely Beach but travelled thru there via car and the road is a bit tricky for a bike (you'd want to have good brakes and be experienced). The area had a lot of rubbish lying around and looked like a bit of a dive.

I prefer the beach areas of White Sands, Khlong Phrao and Kaibee and if you stay in these areas you can ride a motorbike around pretty easily. The road isn't too hilly and traffic not too bad.

#2 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148

Posted by JuliaMcD on 30/7/2012 at 19:51

Hey Leonard,

thanks for the reply. I'm not too keen on the bike idea. I like hiking/walking places.
Do you know if the distance is walkable from White Beach to the waterfalls?

The reason we are looking at Lonely Beach is the low accommodation prices and it's supposed to be a good vibe. Many backpackers ?

Thanks again,
Julia

#3 JuliaMcD has been a member since 29/7/2012. Posts: 8

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 30/7/2012 at 20:16

Just stay around Khlong Phrao.There's budget places around there. What's your budget btw?

Good vibe? Seemed like a dive to me down at Lonely Beach. Not sure why you want to visit Thailand to hang out with backpackers.

#4 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 30/7/2012 at 20:18

http://www.travelfish.org/accommodation_profile/thailand/eastern_thailand/trat/khlong_prao_beach/all/1993

took me 20 secs to find budget resort on this very website

#5 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.