Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Ko Chang: Walking from Lonely Beach to Nam Tok Khlong Plu Waterfall?

• JuliaMcD

Joined Travelfish
    29th July, 2012

Hey everyone.

I will be in Ko Chang this November and am staying at "Lonely Beach" for four days.
    One day I would like to check out the biggest waterfall of the island "Nam Tok Khlong Plu" and was wondering if it is possible and safe to just walk the distance from the resort? Any idea how long it might take?

I tried to look on Google Maps but none of the beaches or towns on the islands are marked so I can only very roughly estimate that it might take between 2 and 2,5 hours?

Any feedback welcome. Cheers.

#1 Posted: 29/7/2012 - 17:48

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

The main waterfall is around the Khlong Phrao area which is a long way from Lonely Beach. You can ride a bike but there's a big hill between Kaibee and Lonely Beach. I've never stayed at Lonely Beach but travelled thru there via car and the road is a bit tricky for a bike (you'd want to have good brakes and be experienced). The area had a lot of rubbish lying around and looked like a bit of a dive.

I prefer the beach areas of White Sands, Khlong Phrao and Kaibee and if you stay in these areas you can ride a motorbike around pretty easily. The road isn't too hilly and traffic not too bad.

#2 Posted: 30/7/2012 - 18:24

• JuliaMcD

Joined Travelfish
    29th July, 2012

Hey Leonard,

thanks for the reply. I'm not too keen on the bike idea. I like hiking/walking places.
    Do you know if the distance is walkable from White Beach to the waterfalls?

The reason we are looking at Lonely Beach is the low accommodation prices and it's supposed to be a good vibe. Many backpackers ?

Thanks again,
    Julia

#3 Posted: 30/7/2012 - 19:51

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012

Just stay around Khlong Phrao.There's budget places around there. What's your budget btw?

Good vibe? Seemed like a dive to me down at Lonely Beach. Not sure why you want to visit Thailand to hang out with backpackers.

#4 Posted: 30/7/2012 - 20:16

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012

#5 Posted: 30/7/2012 - 20:18

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Lonely Beach, Koh Chang ... By a_hanger_merge on 8 Feb 2011 6 2317 17 Feb 2011
Tropical Pub/Restaurant and Resort in Lonely Beach ... By Margaritaville on 20 May 2014 0 178 20 May 2014