Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Ko Samui tours

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

I've looked at websites which offer snorkelling and kayaking tours and the average prices are 1900-2200 for speed boats and 1500 baht for longtail boats. Is this normal on the island or can you get better deals?

I normally pay 500-600 for longtail and 900-1000 for speedboat from chang/trang/krabi.

#1 Posted: 30/7/2012 - 20:31

• Advertisement

• guernseydan

Joined Travelfish
    26th December, 2010

google it

#2 Posted: 31/7/2012 - 10:54

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012

As you can see I've done that already. Low season discounts aren't always advertised online.

#3 Posted: 31/7/2012 - 18:25

• rosanne

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    27th September, 2011
    Location Thailand

Hi Leonard,
    Rosanne here, the Samui correspondent. Your prices are about right for a tour to the Marine Park. http://www.tourskohsamui.com/angthong.html See this one, that offers a direct booking discount to 1700 baht. Note that this is usually a full day trip, so not a bad price and the boats travel quite far to the Marine Park so a lot of fuel is used. Usually incl lunch and drinks too.
    The alternative is to take a tour that is only a 20 min long boat trip from Thong Krut in the south, to Koh Matsum, where the snorkelling is actually very good. see this link http://www.tktoursamui.com/kayaking-snorkelling-trip.php
    If you don't want to leave Samui, then your best snorkelling beaches would be Coral Bay and Crystal Bay, just before Lamai.
    Kind regards
    Rosanne

#4 Posted: 31/7/2012 - 20:18

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012

Thanks for the response and good info. Was thinking of staying at Thong Takian beach. The Promtsuk Buri Resort gets a good write up here as well as on other sites. Are you aware of that resort?

#5 Posted: 31/7/2012 - 20:38

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012

Also Kayaking is optional at Ang Thong. Would you recommend doing that or spending more time on the beach?

#6 Posted: 31/7/2012 - 20:42

• rosanne

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    27th September, 2011
    Location Thailand

I did the review on Promsuk Buri, it is a good place. The Kayaking is great in the Marine Park, better than the snorkelling actually. We regularly go to the Marine Park as well as around Samui, and the snorkelling is better at Ko Matsum, but kayaking around the many islands in the Marine Park is spectacular. The snorkelling beaches I mentioned are not far from where you want to stay. Not as good as getting off the island, but still worth a swim around x

#7 Posted: 31/7/2012 - 20:51

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012

Ok, that's good info. Thanks. What about the snorkelling at Tao? Worth a daytrip? One last question: I see before July 15 is low season. How's the people numbers around June?

#8 Posted: 31/7/2012 - 20:57

• rosanne

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    27th September, 2011
    Location Thailand

Yes, worth a trip for sure.

#9 Posted: 31/7/2012 - 20:57

• rosanne

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    27th September, 2011
    Location Thailand

June is a good time, not peak season, but high season, and low rainfall. Past the extreme heat of April/May. Feb is also a good time.

#10 Posted: 31/7/2012 - 21:00

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012

Last time I went it was April and it was as hot as hell during the day. That resort charges low season prices in June so happy about that. Not a big diff in prices but a saving is still good. Just have to find cheap flight deal and work out the northern part of my trip.

tao, watsum, ang thong 3 days
    explore island 2-3 days
    relax 3-4 days

9-10 nights should be the right amount

#11 Posted: 31/7/2012 - 21:15

• rosanne

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    27th September, 2011
    Location Thailand

That sounds good. Check out Choeng Mon beach, and also Fisherman's Village walking street market on a Friday night, or the Mae Nam one on a Thursday night. Lamai has theirs on a Sunday night, closest to you.

#12 Posted: 31/7/2012 - 22:34

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.