Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Tha Len (the pier in Krabi province) Accommodation

• woodyuk

Joined Travelfish
    14th January, 2007

Hi
    Can somebody recommend some nice bungalows near Tha Len (the pier in Krabi province). Also is it worth staying around here for longer than 1 night. Basically need to stay over night before getting the ferry.

#1 Posted: 23/4/2007 - 07:29

• Advertisement

• skinnylatte

Joined Travelfish
    19th July, 2005

Is this the pier going to phi phi? I'm now in krabi, first time i was here i didn't think much of it. I stayed here a total of 4 days though because i am really beginning to enjoy some parts of it.

as for accommodation, check travelfish's listings- they are spot on. A personal recommendation would be the P Guesthouse in krabi proper, where good clean rooms go for 350. Lek, the owner, is incredibly friendly and goes all out for his customers. He can also pick you up and send you to airports, piers, other parts of krabi for a good rate.

some good bungalows nearby not in town are at the Laughing Gecko in Haad Nopphara Thara, on the way to Ao Nang. We found it a great atmosphere. From here you can jump off easily to Railay,etc.

krabi is great- there's so much undiscovered potential. For example-The food, if you know where to look, can be awesome with its mix of southern thai/malay influences, chinese population, good thai veg, and vibrant street life.

happy hunting- if you have any more questions about krabi feel free to let me know.

#2 Posted: 23/4/2007 - 08:38

• woodyuk

Joined Travelfish
    14th January, 2007

Not over there yet flying to Bangkok then straight to Krabi then to Ko Yao Noi ferry goes from Tha Len pier just need to a place to stay for 1 night

#3 Posted: 23/4/2007 - 09:02

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.