Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Lockers at Bangkok airport??

• Ciaran_b

Joined Travelfish
    7th June, 2012

Hey there any1 out there know if Bangkok airport has lockers, im travelling to thailand in october then on further. I have 12 days in thailand and items such as my laptop, and other bits and pieces i dont really wanna be carrying around with me. I see a few posts on this that there arent any lockers in the airport but most of them are from a few years ago so perhaps things have changed since then?? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

#1 Posted: 4/8/2012 - 07:04

• Advertisement

• sirhalberd

Joined Travelfish
    30th December, 2007

"I have 12 days in Thailand and items such as my laptop, and other bits and pieces i don't really wanna be carrying around with me...."

+++

As far as I know the left luggage room is still available at the airport but they won't be helpful for you.
    http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/134

They DO Not store valuables!

NO jewelry, watches, antiques, gold, cash, credit cards, perishable goods, fragile articles, electric appliances, mobile phone, shaver, CD player, MP3 player, portable computer, camera (film or digital) or VDO camera accepted.

You will probably find a use for the laptop checking emails, storing photos, etc. Many guesthouses and small hotels have free wifi. But not too many safety boxes are large enough to fit a regular size laptop in. If you plan on using crappy hostels with open dorms you would have to be very cautious with your computer. At a bare minimum have bags or suitcases that you can lock. Out of sight out of mind!

You could leave the laptop home and carry a smaller netbook. Or just use a cheap internet shop. I travel everywhere overseas with a netbook and leave my expensive computers at home. I never advertise that I have a computer with me. (I never stay in dorms.) When I leave my hotel room that netbook is locked in my bag. If a maid comes in to clean that computer is out of sight!

That netbook is password protected. None of my bank links or sensitive data has saved passwords! If someone steals that computer why give them access to my bank too!

Up to you!

#2 Posted: 5/8/2012 - 22:40

• sirhalberd

Joined Travelfish
    30th December, 2007

Oh yeah, the left luggage storage is 100 baht a day. Twelve days 1200 baht! You can get a hotel room cheaper than that!

Some hotels will store items for you for free! Check into a cheap hotel that has free storage and leave your stuff with them. If you do take a chance with your computer I would not advertise that fact.

#3 Posted: 5/8/2012 - 22:47

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

there are NO real western-style lockers ANywhere in TH. About any placetostay has some luggageroom and computers are not that rare anymore-also among Thai. Forget about ''free''-but a few bt/day (much less of course as in airport) will do the trick-like it does about anywhere in this world as is common knowledge among those who have travelled.

#4 Posted: 7/8/2012 - 06:21

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

I've seen lockers in some guesthouses around Khao San Road where you provide your own lock and pay per day/week/month. New Joe Guesthouse for example has them behind the reception area. But I wouldn't necessarily count on their security. Easy to pick/chop off a lock and they bear no responsibility for lost items.

The most secure storage is probably http://www.bangkokselfstorage.com but might be overkill just to store one item.

#5 Posted: 8/8/2012 - 11:25

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
lockers in bangkok airport ... By splashtree on 27 Aug 2009 1 1967 28 Aug 2009
airport lockers in bangkok ... By splash on 23 Jun 2009 1 2224 23 Jun 2009
Lockers and/or left luggage at HCMC Airport! ... By MaPeKue on 6 Oct 2007 0 4493 6 Oct 2007
Any Luggage storage/ lockers in Phnom Pehn Airport or anywhere in PP? ... By maylosada on 10 Jul 2013 0 1254 10 Jul 2013
Showers and Lockers in Bangkok. ... By CobyPW on 19 Aug 2009 2 1657 20 Aug 2009
Bangkok railway station lockers ... By gijsvanpelt on 3 Jul 2011 3 6206 3 Jul 2011