Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

1st Time in Thailand-2 weeks Beaches?

• Arigato9

Joined Travelfish
    26th May, 2011

I know you guys are going to have fun with this one! My girlfriend and I are planning a two week vacation in Thailand and after researching all the beautiful beaches to visit, we would like some feedback on a great area to realx on some amazing beaches in Thailand from Dec. 22 to Jan. 4 of this and next year.

I figure no more than 3 islands in the two weeks (4 days per island) and any accomodations (ON THE BEACH) you would recommend?

Thanks you beautiful people for your feedback as always!

Brien

#1 Posted: 4/8/2012 - 22:35

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Hang on a minute.. you said you've done some research on 'all the beautiful beaches to visit'... so what conclusions have you come to?

Are you looking for populated, busy islands with lots of restaurants, bars and clubs? Or do you want remote islands with few facilities?

You will most likely want to stay on the Andaman side or in the Koh Chang area as the weather should be better - so that narrows it down a bit for you. http://www.travelfish.org/weather_fish.php

Have you read this yet: http://www.travelfish.org/islands.php - this will give you a good overview.

For what it's worth, I'd suggest Koh Kradan and Koh Muk, but that might not be the sort of place that you are looking for.

#2 Posted: 5/8/2012 - 00:41

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

"I know you guys are going to have fun with this one"

Not when you ask for 3 random islands in peak season, when there are litterally hundreds of islands to choose from. Narrow it down, specify your preferences (price,vibe,activities,etc) do your homework, try again.

#3 Posted: 5/8/2012 - 01:21

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Big/small?
    off beach snorkelling?
    jungle?
    busy/quiet?
    budget?

dec/jan is peak season btw which is the worst time to go

I would recommend doing something else for at least 3 nights to see a different side of the country. Just doing beaches for 2 weeks is a bit same same and not much of a Thai experience.

#4 Posted: 5/8/2012 - 18:35

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
3 weeks with my gf...1st time in Thailand! ... By scootorama on 24 Aug 2008 15 2421 25 Sep 2008
2 weeks in Thailand in November - first time to Thailand/Asia ... By cbarns on 7 Feb 2013 3 2346 10 Feb 2013