Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Where to stay in Phuket for 1 night?

• adampatto

Joined Travelfish
    13th November, 2011

Hey Guys,

Were heading over to Phi Phi Island after flying in from Koh Samui. Where do you guys suggest we stay for 1 night so that we can get the ferry the next morning? Is it worth staying close to the pier or do you suggest we stay over in Patong, Kata beach way?

Cheers

#1 Posted: 5/8/2012 - 14:51

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

We are^^^

I don't know why people rush over to Phi Phi and skip Phuket. PP is a very small island and apart from snorkelling it doesn't have a lot going for it.

I'd stay around Karon/Kata (medium busy). Easy to organise ferry connections/activities from there and those beaches are good. Patong is the busiest beach with the main nightlife spots if you want a look at that.

#2 Posted: 5/8/2012 - 18:29

• enigmatic

Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2011

Nai Yang, next to the airport, isn't a bad beach for some fresh seafood and a quiet night

I found Patong's nightlife to be awful, but I guess it could be fun if buckets and bargirls are more your thing.

Phi Phi has plenty going for it (and I don't rate the snorkelling there). It's far more visually striking than most Thai islands even if parts of Ton Sai are a mess, and is one of the best places for meeting and partying with other backpackers - especially when you consider it lacks the bargirls, sexpats, tuk-tuk drivers and overly-persistent suit vendors of Thailand's other tourist meccas. Sure, it isn't cheap and it isn't entirely unspoilt, but its popularity isn't entirely attributable to Leonardo di Caprio.

#3 Posted: 6/8/2012 - 04:43

• brenda123

Joined Travelfish
    6th August, 2012

Greeting from Brenda
    How are you today?
    i hope you are fine
    my name is Miss Brenda
    i saw your lovely profile today
    and i really love it
    that is why i am writing this message to you.
    please can you kindly write
    and tell me more about yourself,
    here is my email ID
    (brenda.bosco25@yahoo.in)
    as soon as i receive from you
    i will be happy to reply back
    with my picture,please do not
    write back to me on this site
    here is my email Address
    (brenda.bosco25@yahoo.in)

#4 Posted: 6/8/2012 - 07:27

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012

Looks like Brenda wants a piece of you :-)

Phi Phi does have drunk backpackers that's for sure. But it is Thailand so unless you are scared of Thais, hanging out with drunk backpackers isn't a great Thai experience. Pretty lame. Lots of backpackers sitting in restaurants eating banana pancakes and watching dvds.

#5 Posted: 6/8/2012 - 09:10

• RACHYPF

Joined Travelfish
    13th November, 2009

Agree with enigmatic Phi Phi is all of this but can find quiet chilled places there too, have been twice and found the snorkelling good especially at shark point and bamboo island - although not a patch on the Similans which are well worth a visit for anyone. Phi Phi is beautiful the view form the top is awesome.
    As for Phuket give Phuket town a try x

#6 Posted: 6/8/2012 - 18:55

• sonali22cha-
    uhan

Joined Travelfish
    7th August, 2012

Hi... Guys I'm Sonali & I really like phuket, thailand. I never have been in phuket but phuket is a amazing city thailand & there are amazing & beautiful tour destination. I would like to enjoy phuket

#7 Posted: 7/8/2012 - 00:36

• jasonliew

Joined Travelfish
    7th August, 2012

During my last stay in Phi Phi Sand Sea View Resort. It's just beside the beach. If you prefer to relax at beach, it's very convenient.

http://phiphiisland.hotelreservationonline.info/3-Star-Hotels/phi-phi-sand-sea-view-resort.html

#8 Posted: 7/8/2012 - 20:16

• st_bangkok

Joined Travelfish
    8th August, 2012

Patong is best, and if you stay at Sawaddi Patong Resort as i did last time i went there, they will arrange a driver to take you to your point of departure the next day. I was quite sincerely shocked at the rates charged, like 1200 for a 4 star hotel room, i was expecting a lot less considering what i paid. Sawaddi Patong Resort

#9 Posted: 9/8/2012 - 02:28

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Friend of mine likes this place:

http://www.skylight2.com/

#10 Posted: 9/8/2012 - 02:42

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Flying into Phuket late at night. Where to stay? What is our best option? ... By mchrysler on 5 Mar 2010 10 6673 10 Mar 2010