Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

6 weeks Thailand - Cambodia

• brevan

Joined Travelfish
    14th March, 2012

Hi,

in december I'm leaving for a six week roundtrip throught Thailand and Cambodia. Still looking for tips though. Pls comment on my route.

https://maps.google.be/maps/ms?msid=213848993559035957185.0004c4ca5578c27c66db8&msa=0

Thx
    Brevan

#1 Posted: 9/8/2012 - 09:48

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Looks fine. Of course you have to work out how to get from place to place, for example Si Phan Don to Kanchanaburi by land will require a lot of backtracking via Phnom Penh or Siem Reap and Bangkok. I see you have a question about "Trip to 4.000 islands?" and yes it is a long way to go from Siem Reap (plus Laos visa and change of transport, border hassles, etc) for just a few days on the Mekong islands. It's a nice place, just not sure it's worth all the time and hassle of getting there in your case. You have plenty of time planned for the southern Thai islands (maybe too much). After a while all the Thai beaches start to look the same. A few days at Khao Sok National Park would be a nice alternative when you're sick of sand and sea.

#2 Posted: 9/8/2012 - 11:55

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.