Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

6 weeks Thailand - Cambodia

Posted by brevan on 9/8/2012 at 09:48

Hi,

in december I'm leaving for a six week roundtrip throught Thailand and Cambodia. Still looking for tips though. Pls comment on my route.

https://maps.google.be/maps/ms?msid=213848993559035957185.0004c4ca5578c27c66db8&msa=0

Thx
Brevan

#1 brevan has been a member since 14/3/2012. Posts: 10

Posted by Captain_Bob on 9/8/2012 at 11:55

Looks fine. Of course you have to work out how to get from place to place, for example Si Phan Don to Kanchanaburi by land will require a lot of backtracking via Phnom Penh or Siem Reap and Bangkok. I see you have a question about "Trip to 4.000 islands?" and yes it is a long way to go from Siem Reap (plus Laos visa and change of transport, border hassles, etc) for just a few days on the Mekong islands. It's a nice place, just not sure it's worth all the time and hassle of getting there in your case. You have plenty of time planned for the southern Thai islands (maybe too much). After a while all the Thai beaches start to look the same. A few days at Khao Sok National Park would be a nice alternative when you're sick of sand and sea.

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,872

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.