Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

One week in north of Thailand

• gramadni

Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2012

Hi

We are planning a trip staring from Vientiane going to Chiang Mai and around for about 1 week. We are a family with 2 kids (12 and 8). I would like to get some advice, tips, beautiful sceneries, villages worth seeing, interests for the kids, etc in north of Thailand. Thank you for your help.

#1 Posted: 12/8/2012 - 05:44

• Advertisement

• RiniRabbit

Joined Travelfish
    31st July, 2012

Hi gramadni

my advice places in Chaiang Mai [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]
    -Chiang Mai Zoo.
    -Chiang Mai Night Safari.
    -Maesa Elephant Camp.
    -Wiang Tha Kan.
    -Huai Nam Dang National Park (you can catch bus at Bus Station in town it will take 3 hours).
    -Doi Inthanon National Park.
    -Bhubing Palace
    -MonJam
    -Si Lanna National Park
    I hope you and your kids will like these places.

#2 Posted: 14/8/2012 - 02:02

• Evidently

Joined Travelfish
    15th August, 2012

Those are good recommendations. I would also recommend a trip up to Doi Suthep around sunset. I would stay away from anyone who advertises orchid or butterfly farms, as that's not very exciting, and is mostly a ploy to get people out to buy trinkets.

Your kids are very fortunate to have this experience, hope you all have a wonderful time!

#3 Posted: 15/8/2012 - 22:32

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
1 week (ISH) North Thailand / Laos ... By woody on 27 Apr 2006 2 1954 27 Apr 2006