Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Hotel in a unique part of Bangkok?

Posted by carelesswhisker on 15/8/2012 at 16:21

Hi folks. Could anyone recommend a place for me and my wife (at around 1000 to 2000 baht per night) in a unique, non-touristic part of Bangkok?

I've stayed in Sathorn, Silom, China town and most parts of Sukhumvit on previous trips. Looking for something with lots of style but (in the mid range/flashpacker bracket) with a more local feel to the neighborhood.

Open to all suggestions! Thanks!
Martyn

#1 carelesswhisker has been a member since 15/8/2012. Posts: 8

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 15/8/2012 at 18:48

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/bangkok/sivalai_place_bangkok.html?asq=

#2 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148

Posted by exacto on 15/8/2012 at 22:44

another option could be KT Guesthouse. it has a pool, comfy rooms, and a good restaurant downstairs. more flashpacker than mid-range, but still great value for money. check it out at: http://www.ktguesthouse.com/

it is in the din daeng/huay kwang area of bangkok, on a few different bus lines and not too far from the subway. most interesting, it is walking distance from the huay kwang local market. i've stayed there several times now and enjoy the feel of the local neighborhood. you'll see a good mix of western and thai/asian guests at the hotel itself, but the neighborhood is all thailand. cheers.

#3 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,626
 Where has exacto been? 

Posted by carelesswhisker on 16/8/2012 at 11:11

Thanks guys. Both good options!

#4 carelesswhisker has been a member since 15/8/2012. Posts: 8

Posted by daawgon on 16/8/2012 at 13:06

Try both Baan Tepa and Baan Dinso - the boutique hostels

Baan Tepa is in Dusit and Baan Dinso is in the Old City (both convenient to Khao San Road, but also far enough away to be quiet and local)

#5 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,091

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.