Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Hotel in a unique part of Bangkok?

• carelesswhi-
    sker

Joined Travelfish
    15th August, 2012

Hi folks. Could anyone recommend a place for me and my wife (at around 1000 to 2000 baht per night) in a unique, non-touristic part of Bangkok?

I've stayed in Sathorn, Silom, China town and most parts of Sukhumvit on previous trips. Looking for something with lots of style but (in the mid range/flashpacker bracket) with a more local feel to the neighborhood.

Open to all suggestions! Thanks!
    Martyn

#1 Posted: 15/8/2012 - 16:21

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

#2 Posted: 15/8/2012 - 18:48

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Total reviews: 47

another option could be KT Guesthouse. it has a pool, comfy rooms, and a good restaurant downstairs. more flashpacker than mid-range, but still great value for money. check it out at: http://www.ktguesthouse.com/

it is in the din daeng/huay kwang area of bangkok, on a few different bus lines and not too far from the subway. most interesting, it is walking distance from the huay kwang local market. i've stayed there several times now and enjoy the feel of the local neighborhood. you'll see a good mix of western and thai/asian guests at the hotel itself, but the neighborhood is all thailand. cheers.

#3 Posted: 15/8/2012 - 22:44

• carelesswhi-
    sker

Joined Travelfish
    15th August, 2012

Thanks guys. Both good options!

#4 Posted: 16/8/2012 - 11:11

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Try both Baan Tepa and Baan Dinso - the boutique hostels

Baan Tepa is in Dusit and Baan Dinso is in the Old City (both convenient to Khao San Road, but also far enough away to be quiet and local)

#5 Posted: 16/8/2012 - 13:06

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.