Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Where to windsurf in Thailand?

• Tom1985

Joined Travelfish
    16th August, 2012

Hello!

I'm off to Thailand shortly, and one of the things I want to do in life generally, is learn to windsurf - clearly this is an opportunity!

Does anyone have any recommendations as to where to go in Thailand for this? And any schools in particular? I'm also very lastminute.com, so off tomorrow!

Tom

#1 Posted: 17/8/2012 - 23:38

• Advertisement

• indigobaabs

Joined Travelfish
    19th August, 2012

Koh Phangan has windsurfing lessons etc at Cookies Bungalow in the Bantai area, but you'll nead to check the weather because KP's rainy season differs from the rest of the country. I was there jan-march and saw plenty of windsurfers and kite surfers daily. I think the island offers windsurfing in a few other areas as well, like Baan Manali in Thongsala. Just ask around. Also neighboring island Koh Tao offers windsurfing and Phuket as well.

#2 Posted: 19/8/2012 - 02:31

• RiniRabbit

Joined Travelfish
    31st July, 2012

Hi
    If you don't want to go far around pattaya beach is okay
    in Jomtien Beach it's like water sport club.

#3 Posted: 20/8/2012 - 05:29

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

I stayed a few days at Nai Yang beach near the airport on Phuket last May. The wet season winds had already kicked in and the kite surfers were going berserk - that village seems to be a kite surfing center. Nice enough beach, lotsa cheap and better restaurants, plenty of accommodation in all price ranges.

#4 Posted: 28/8/2012 - 05:56

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Oh yeah, there were instructors working the beach.

#5 Posted: 28/8/2012 - 05:57

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.