Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Best place to start trip, around Sept 25th

• JustinC474

Joined Travelfish
    27th August, 2012

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone had advice on the best place to start a trip at the very end of September. I was considering flying into Bangkok and traveling south, but I thought it may be smarter to fly into the south and travel north (because of the weather).

I also considered flying into Kuala Lumpur and travel north, but because of the 15 day tourist visas for land entry this doesn't seem as viable.

Any suggestions would be great!

#1 Posted: 27/8/2012 - 14:33

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Wow, late Sept is tricky because all locations are still in wet season. But statistically and anecdotally the rain tends to ease first in the north, so heading that way may be the best deal. For the islands, the western Gulf tends to see rainy season ending sooner than others.
    However I would feel far more confident about both regions if you were arriving late October.

No worries - I travel often in wet season, have yet to have a holiday spoiled by too much rain. And I'm a beach guy - always have got enough sunshine for a good time. However for the period mid-Oct thru to late Dec I tend to avoid the southern Gulf islands of Samui, Tao and Phangan which get really really wet and unpleasant about one year in 4/5, unfortunately on an irregular upredictable basis.

#2 Posted: 28/8/2012 - 01:13

• RiniRabbit

Joined Travelfish
    31st July, 2012

Hi
    I advice you go to Samet for the beach I recommend to stay in Hat Sai Kaeo beach or Ao Wong Duean beach. this can go by bus at (Ekamai bus station) but we like to take minivan at victory moment it's faster, and then back to Bangkok so you can do one day trip to Ayutthaya to visit historical sites, one day trip to Kanchanaburi and you can enjoy night life and shopping when you get back in Bangkok.
    About Ayutthaya and Kanchanaburi take bus from Ekamai or minivan Victory Moment it will take 2 - 3 hours (just leave early morning).
    If you will go to Kanchanaburi ,visit Bridge over the River Kwai, Prasat Muang Sing Historical Park.
    This just my advice. (:

#3 Posted: 28/8/2012 - 04:51

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Thailand August 25th - Sept 18th ... By tm_77 on 17 Aug 2011 2 1493 2 Sep 2011
Travelling Solo Thailand 25th Sept -> 7Oct '13 ... By Irfaan_ZA on 10 Sep 2013 0 481 10 Sep 2013
Thailand/Cambodia August 25th-Sept 18th ... By tm_77 on 17 Aug 2011 5 1953 13 Aug 2012
Where is the best place to start from in Cambodia? ... By charliekbrooks on 22 Sep 2008 2 1589 6 Oct 2008
Should we pre-book a place for the Sept Full moon party?? ... By xximaxx on 10 Jul 2009 4 2100 11 Jul 2009