Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

1 week in Thailand.. thoughts on itinerary?

Posted by Darrenincanada on 29/8/2012 at 00:21

Hi
I'm going to be spending 1 week in Thailand for our honeymoon. Arriving in Krabi on the 17th and departing from Krabi on the 24th, so I'll have pretty much 7 days. I've narrowed our place of visit to Krabi and the surrounding beaches and islands.

However, I'm having a difficult time trying to decide my itinerary. I know that I want to check out Ao Nang , Railay beach (west side), Ko Phi Phi , Ko Lanta but I don't know how many days I should spend at each place.

I'm thinking: Arrive at Krabi airport, go straight to Ao Nang by taxi (2 nights) --> Railay Beach (2 nights) --> Ko Phi Phi (1 night)--> Ko Lanta (1 night) --> Krabi (1 night) --> air port for return flight.

- I'm trying to decide if I should a) stay in Railay for 3 nights and instead of spending 1 night in Ko Phi Phi, I would just take a day trip there. OR have an extra night in Ko Lanta.
- I figure last night in Thailand would be in Krabi Town since I have an early'ish flight the next day

So many decisions!!! :(

Sorry for the long post.

#1 Darrenincanada has been a member since 29/8/2012. Posts: 3

Posted by greg121 on 29/8/2012 at 02:52

sound pretty rushed to me, especially on honeymoon.

#2 greg121 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 22

Posted by busylizzy on 29/8/2012 at 03:59

Cut it back to 2 islands max and enjoy your honeymoon! Seriously, do you want to spend your time packing/unpacking, checking in/out of hotels, waiting on buses/boats to arrive, etc?

If it were my honeymoon, I'd be wanting to enjoy long sleepins, lounging on the beach, long romantic dinners, snorkelling, etc. Not racing around worrying about where I have to be next.

#3 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by Captain_Bob on 29/8/2012 at 04:48

I would book into West Railay for the week, somewhere like Sand Sea Resort. (Ao Nang is more built-up and hectic, not really honeymoon material in my opinion). Then do daytrips to Phi Phi and Phang Nga Bay. Lanta isn't worth going just for one night and it's too far for a daytrip. Agree though you should spend the last night in Krabi so you're handy for the flight out.

#4 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,871

Posted by Darrenincanada on 29/8/2012 at 07:36

Hi
Thanks for your thoughts everybody. I've had a night to sleep over it and I've come to the conclusion that you guys come up with... Spend more in one place and less time traveling!

Thank you so much. Now I just need to decide where to stay! :)

#5 Darrenincanada has been a member since 29/8/2012. Posts: 3

Posted by Tilapia on 29/8/2012 at 13:06

Hi Darren,

If you really want to visit another island, Koh Jum has some great operations, a very long, wide, beautiful beach, has stunning views across to Phi Phi and Phi Phi Leh, and is much less visited than the other places you've mentioned. It's got a couple of lovely little villages, as well.

Are you coming from Canada for just one week in Thailand?

#6 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,490
 Where has Tilapia been? 

Posted by Darrenincanada on 29/8/2012 at 21:40

@Tilapia - We're flying into Singapore to visit some family and then to Thailand to relax. If I we went somewhere close to Canada, say the Caribbean, it would be Hurricane season.. I rather spend monsoon season in Krabi than hurricane season somewhere in the Caribbean :)

#7 Darrenincanada has been a member since 29/8/2012. Posts: 3

Posted by MADMAC on 30/8/2012 at 23:27

Kill the Islands. Maybe check out Ao Nang if you feel like it, and spend the rest on the beach at Railay, eat some good food, drink some nice wine and have some good sex. It's your honeymoon man, not a backpacking trip.

#8 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 3/9/2012 at 09:14

Pick 1 good resort at Nopphorat or Ao Nang. Railay has a better beach but expensive limited food and little to do at night. At least with the former areas you can walk around and eat street food, visit a bar or choose from various restautants and do some shopping.

Visit Phi Phi and Ko Hong on day trips. Forget Lanta it's quiet with average beaches and almost zero nightlife.

Centara Anda Dhevi resort is very nice
http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/krabi/centara_anda_dhevi_resort_and_spa.html

#9 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148

Posted by RiniRabbit on 4/9/2012 at 04:37

Hi
Maybe you can stay for one place and take boat to visit other islands.
You can stay near Ao Nang and take longtail boat from there to Railay Beach ( 10-15 mins), Koh Poda and Koh Kai (25-30 mins) ,you can catch minivan from Krabi town or Ao Nang to Koh Lanta , you can buy one day trip to Koh Phi Phi.
Or just stay in Koh Phi Phi , and then take boat from there to Ao Nang , to Koh Lanta ,to Railay beach.
this probably good for you :)

#10 RiniRabbit has been a member since 31/7/2012. Posts: 78

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.