Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

1 week in Thailand.. thoughts on itinerary?

• Darrenincan-
    ada

Joined Travelfish
    29th August, 2012

Hi
    I'm going to be spending 1 week in Thailand for our honeymoon. Arriving in Krabi on the 17th and departing from Krabi on the 24th, so I'll have pretty much 7 days. I've narrowed our place of visit to Krabi and the surrounding beaches and islands.

However, I'm having a difficult time trying to decide my itinerary. I know that I want to check out Ao Nang , Railay beach (west side), Ko Phi Phi , Ko Lanta but I don't know how many days I should spend at each place.

I'm thinking: Arrive at Krabi airport, go straight to Ao Nang by taxi (2 nights) --> Railay Beach (2 nights) --> Ko Phi Phi (1 night)--> Ko Lanta (1 night) --> Krabi (1 night) --> air port for return flight.

- I'm trying to decide if I should a) stay in Railay for 3 nights and instead of spending 1 night in Ko Phi Phi, I would just take a day trip there. OR have an extra night in Ko Lanta.
    - I figure last night in Thailand would be in Krabi Town since I have an early'ish flight the next day

So many decisions!!! :(

Sorry for the long post.

#1 Posted: 29/8/2012 - 00:21

• Advertisement

• greg121

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012

sound pretty rushed to me, especially on honeymoon.

#2 Posted: 29/8/2012 - 02:52

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Cut it back to 2 islands max and enjoy your honeymoon! Seriously, do you want to spend your time packing/unpacking, checking in/out of hotels, waiting on buses/boats to arrive, etc?

If it were my honeymoon, I'd be wanting to enjoy long sleepins, lounging on the beach, long romantic dinners, snorkelling, etc. Not racing around worrying about where I have to be next.

#3 Posted: 29/8/2012 - 03:59

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

I would book into West Railay for the week, somewhere like Sand Sea Resort. (Ao Nang is more built-up and hectic, not really honeymoon material in my opinion). Then do daytrips to Phi Phi and Phang Nga Bay. Lanta isn't worth going just for one night and it's too far for a daytrip. Agree though you should spend the last night in Krabi so you're handy for the flight out.

#4 Posted: 29/8/2012 - 04:48

• Darrenincan-
    ada

Joined Travelfish
    29th August, 2012

Hi
    Thanks for your thoughts everybody. I've had a night to sleep over it and I've come to the conclusion that you guys come up with... Spend more in one place and less time traveling!

Thank you so much. Now I just need to decide where to stay! :)

#5 Posted: 29/8/2012 - 07:36

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 71

Hi Darren,

If you really want to visit another island, Koh Jum has some great operations, a very long, wide, beautiful beach, has stunning views across to Phi Phi and Phi Phi Leh, and is much less visited than the other places you've mentioned. It's got a couple of lovely little villages, as well.

Are you coming from Canada for just one week in Thailand?

#6 Posted: 29/8/2012 - 13:06

• Darrenincan-
    ada

Joined Travelfish
    29th August, 2012

@Tilapia - We're flying into Singapore to visit some family and then to Thailand to relax. If I we went somewhere close to Canada, say the Caribbean, it would be Hurricane season.. I rather spend monsoon season in Krabi than hurricane season somewhere in the Caribbean :)

#7 Posted: 29/8/2012 - 21:40

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Kill the Islands. Maybe check out Ao Nang if you feel like it, and spend the rest on the beach at Railay, eat some good food, drink some nice wine and have some good sex. It's your honeymoon man, not a backpacking trip.

#8 Posted: 30/8/2012 - 23:27

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Pick 1 good resort at Nopphorat or Ao Nang. Railay has a better beach but expensive limited food and little to do at night. At least with the former areas you can walk around and eat street food, visit a bar or choose from various restautants and do some shopping.

Visit Phi Phi and Ko Hong on day trips. Forget Lanta it's quiet with average beaches and almost zero nightlife.

Centara Anda Dhevi resort is very nice
    http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/krabi/centara_anda_dhevi_resort_and_spa.html

#9 Posted: 3/9/2012 - 09:14

• RiniRabbit

Joined Travelfish
    31st July, 2012

Hi
    Maybe you can stay for one place and take boat to visit other islands.
    You can stay near Ao Nang and take longtail boat from there to Railay Beach ( 10-15 mins), Koh Poda and Koh Kai (25-30 mins) ,you can catch minivan from Krabi town or Ao Nang to Koh Lanta , you can buy one day trip to Koh Phi Phi.
    Or just stay in Koh Phi Phi , and then take boat from there to Ao Nang , to Koh Lanta ,to Railay beach.
    this probably good for you :)

#10 Posted: 4/9/2012 - 04:37

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Thoughts on 2 week itinerary? ... By janzak on 29 Jan 2013 1 949 29 Jan 2013
3 Week Honeymoon Itinerary - Your Thoughts? ... By bolabear on 30 Mar 2010 7 3624 4 May 2011
8 week trip to Thailand/Laos/Cambodia/Vietnam in June-August...your thoughts and help please? ... By mrnice88 on 25 Apr 2010 5 4577 5 Jul 2010
Itinerary advice needed for Cambodia, laos and Thailand - any thoughts much appreciated! ... By hjbvet on 27 Oct 2010 4 3169 31 Oct 2010
A three week Itinerary for Thailand ... By ptrivedi on 28 Jul 2010 3 1861 29 Jul 2010
Thailand - my 2 week itinerary ... By Bilby09 on 7 Nov 2009 5 2525 8 Nov 2009