Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Trang to La-Ngu to Islands

• Tommyguns11

Joined Travelfish
    2nd September, 2012

Hello,

What's the best way to get from Trang airport to La-Ngu to visit the islands Koh Adang and Koh Lipe? Bus, minivan options are great, but I have no clue where to find a schedule! Any advice or help would be great! Thanks!

Also, island hopping from Koh Tarutao or similar island to Koh Lao Liang? Possible via ferry or long boat? Again, thanks!

Tom

#1 Posted: 2/9/2012 - 20:27

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

One time I grabbed a Satun bus from Trang bus station. The main road to Satun branches left a few km short of La Ngu, but the buses continue into town and then loop back. Ask to be put out where you can get a songthaew to the pier at Pak Bara (about another 15km from memory). Lotsa other transport guys will approach you - a motorcycle taxi bloke offered me a good deal so I went that way.

But I still reckon the easiest way to access the islands is to go to one of the travel agents opposite Trang railway station and get one of their minibus/boat tickets. KK Travel is the main agent for the minibuses and I've always had good minibus/boat service from them at non-ripoff prices, but I hear the very efficient head lady has left to set up her own operation. No matter, I've used a number of the adjacent places over the years and they all seem pretty good.

#2 Posted: 2/9/2012 - 23:38

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.