Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

cheap flights to Thailand

• robert367

Joined Travelfish
    7th September, 2012

I will go to Thailand at New Year but i have no knowledge about Thailand. Please tell me about Thailand and how can get cheap flights to Thailand from London?

#1 Posted: 10/9/2012 - 00:30

• Advertisement

• RiniRabbit

Joined Travelfish
    31st July, 2012

Hi
    About flights and direct to Bangkok : Thai Airways , EVA Air , Qantas , Etihad airways , but Thai Airways it's kind of expensive. Do you have any places in mind and Where you would like to visit ?
    Well,for the New Year it's best to go Northern or down to southern (Andaman side). You can visit Chiang Mai, Chaing Rai, Mae Hong Son to see nice temples, beautiful hills, elephant camp,many good food ,nice weather.
    If you like historical sites and old temple go to Sukhothai , Ayutthaya.
    If you interested in Dinosaur go to Khon Kaen (Sriwiang Dinosaur Park).
    About southern its good to go to Koh Phi Phi, Phuket, Similan and Surin islands or Koh Lipe and you can buy one day tour for visit other islands around there. But I would recommend you if you want to go to the beach 'Koh Lipe or Surin islands' it's worth visiting :')
    and if you love shopping just spending 4 or 3 days in Bangkok, here we have lots of shopping mall , nice temples such as Wat Phra Kaew and Grand Palace, Wat Pho , Wat Arun. But you will probably research for more information because Thailand have many nice places for visiting.
    Hope you will enjoy traveling here.

#2 Posted: 10/9/2012 - 04:20

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

in THAT period you wont find cheap flights-thats the super peak of high season.Simply use (ever, ever looked after a flight??) 1 of the tons of flight-checkers, those like flightsupermarket or netflights are more geared to the UK market (those mentioned here are tipically for ignorant USAers). Always try out a few alternate dates for better pricing.
    For the rest: go in a bookshop and buy-or in a library, and loan, a decent guidebook. Yes-thats very old-fashioned in this app-age, but still does the trick wonderfully.

#3 Posted: 10/9/2012 - 05:58

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

£549.19 leaving Jan 1st (30 day roundtrip) on Qatar Airlines - an excellent carrier (connection in Doha)

if booked today online

#4 Posted: 10/9/2012 - 19:54

• Joanna_S

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2012

I used travel supermarket to find the cheapest flights.
    At the beginning of this year I went with Sri Lankan airlines. The flight was cheap, with one change in Colombo. I can recommend them, if you're not too fussy.
    This time (next year) I'm going with Turkish airlines. I heard they're pretty good, but as long as I get to my destination, I'm not too bothered about the service.

#5 Posted: 11/9/2012 - 09:39

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.