Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thai Visa

• kfchris1

Joined Travelfish
    6th September, 2011

Hi guys and girls...
    I leave for thailand in 7 weeks and cant wait :) my first visit so have a question about the visa. I may be in thailand for 10 weeks from the 2nd November till 7-8th Jan!! But as far as i understand i can only get a 60 day visa?? is this the case??

I downloaded a form from the thai embassy website for a multiple entry visa at £50 but on the website its a little confusing and it one section says you may be able to get one for 90 days?? Is that what your paying for??

If i can only get a 60 day visa then i might as well not bother paying for it, for if i leave the country and come back i get an additional 15 days for free so may as well do that.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Chris

#1 Posted: 10/9/2012 - 11:49

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

A tourist visa will get you a 60-day entry, but you can extend it another 30 days at any immigration office in Thailand for a fee of 1900 baht. So in your case a single-entry visa will be enough.

#2 Posted: 11/9/2012 - 13:15

• kfchris1

Joined Travelfish
    6th September, 2011

Thank you :) may just spend a little time across the boarder and leave Thailand a little earlier in that case

#3 Posted: 14/9/2012 - 04:10

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.