Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Thai Visa

Posted by kfchris1 on 10/9/2012 at 11:49

Hi guys and girls...
I leave for thailand in 7 weeks and cant wait :) my first visit so have a question about the visa. I may be in thailand for 10 weeks from the 2nd November till 7-8th Jan!! But as far as i understand i can only get a 60 day visa?? is this the case??

I downloaded a form from the thai embassy website for a multiple entry visa at £50 but on the website its a little confusing and it one section says you may be able to get one for 90 days?? Is that what your paying for??

If i can only get a 60 day visa then i might as well not bother paying for it, for if i leave the country and come back i get an additional 15 days for free so may as well do that.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Chris

#1 kfchris1 has been a member since 6/9/2011. Posts: 14

Posted by Captain_Bob on 11/9/2012 at 13:15

A tourist visa will get you a 60-day entry, but you can extend it another 30 days at any immigration office in Thailand for a fee of 1900 baht. So in your case a single-entry visa will be enough.

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,872

Posted by kfchris1 on 14/9/2012 at 04:10

Thank you :) may just spend a little time across the boarder and leave Thailand a little earlier in that case

#3 kfchris1 has been a member since 6/9/2011. Posts: 14

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.